SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a strange nipple right under the fuel distributor body. It's actually just over the air snorkel input of Air Filter Box. Looks made for hose, but there's no hose on it? Is this normal - that's an ai , free coming out from there?
I could not see anything written on Hayens book.
If anybody knows?

Turbo/8v/86/B201/mechanical injection/Alien nipple in my car

·
Registered
5,677 Posts
Was that supposed to be a picture at the end of your post? If so then i think you did something wrong!

My car has a big breather pipe that goes from the air box to the rocker/cam cover.

Have you had a look for unnatached hose's hanging about in your engine bay?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Under the body of the fuel distributor (where the plastic fuel hoses go in) there's an small empty nipple - ready to put hose on it (I'm abble to put my finger in the hole).It is open and I could not find any spare hose to put there, so the nipple is going to anywhere now.
That's the question.
Also, no way to make a picture, because of the very little place over there.

·
Registered
604 Posts
It is for the camshaft house vent! There is a nippel on the valve cover, and from there, there is going a hose!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What actually mean "camshaft house vent".
What's the function of that connection and should I try to restore it with hose? Where this hose must go?

·
Registered
604 Posts
There is a nippel on the top og the valve cover!
When oil gets hot, it makes over pressure and that pressure goes throw the hose and in that nippel you are talking about!

You need to get the hose back in, or blanck off the nippel!
I have seen other people install a little KN open ait filter on the nippel og the valve cover!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts