SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Since day one, my alarm has been giving me trouble. About 50% of the time, if I unlock the door with my key, the alarm does not turn off. So when I open the door, the alarm sounds. It's not a major problem, as when I unlock with the remote, everything is ok. Still, this probably needs to be fixed eventually. Has anybody had this problem? If so, is it big money or something simple like a fuse, relay, etc.? Thanks.

·
Registered
39 Posts
If i lock the car with mi remote and then unlock the door with the key, then i have alarm. Seems be normal.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
I've never used the key to do this always the remote, I will try tomorrow and report back ;)

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Am I the only one who uses his key to open the door? :roll:

My assumption that the key should disable the alarm is based on the three VWs we have owned.

It seems to me that there would be no point in even having a keyhole on the door if you couldn't disable the alarm when you unlocked the door with the key. :)

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I have open the door and trunk with my key all the time, sometimes the double or triple whistle just gets annoying... No alarm. Only that went off is when my brother reached in through the window to unlock the door...

·
Registered
855 Posts
Should work

Key should disable the alarm. If it's not something is just being dodgy. Seems the old 9000s suffered from this too sometimes. I'd have mechanic or dealer check it out.

·
Registered
103 Posts
i would leave it alone... just use the remote like everyone else. so your alarm is a little more sensitive that can be viewed as a good thing

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hmm, well, thanks for the replies guys. Like I said, it's not a huge problem, but I don't want to get into a situation where I'm somehow stuck with my key but not my remote, and can't turn off the alarm. I once got stuck in a situation like this with my 99 Jetta (which had a similar alarm problem), and it was not fun.

·
Registered
103 Posts
start the car the alarm should turn off if its started with the key. or just drive on back streets for 5 minutes till it shuts off lol

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the alarm should turn off if its started with the key

Really? That would be good. The Jetta would not start when the alarm was sounding. It was a really bad scene! ;oops:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts