SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there have been several posts about this, but I am having trouble finding an answer.

My alarm, like many other saab owners, has started going off whenever it feels like it. I know from reading these fourms that the bateries in the alarm modual are bad and need to be changed. I plan on doing this eventualy, but I was wondering if for now I could just unhook the wire harness to the alarm. I dont want to impact my ability to use my key fob to lock/unlock or engage the imoblizer. If this is possible, could someone let me know where the siren itself is located. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Look here:

http://www.twinsaabs.com/9-5_repair/siren_battery/intro.asp

This will tell you where it is.

Go ahead and unhook the alarm box (although at that point unbolting the two nuts and pulling the unit will be just as easy TRUST ME!)

Drive around Siren Free for as long as you want (be prepared to have the Service Theft Alarm Message on the SID every time you start the car unless its disabled by TechII. (This is what I am doing at the moment until it warms up from these -15F temps).

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I am most likely going to attempt the battery install when the temp becomes a little more manageable, but for right now the lack of siren every 20 mins will be great.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Let me re-iterate.

To disconnect the cable, you need to get into the wheel well. Since you are in the wheel well disconnecting the cable is about 5 minutes less work than just simply pulling the whole module (and disconnecting the cable).

There is no "Easy" way to get at the alarm siren.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok good to know. If im gonna be in there I might just as well pull the whole thing. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts