SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I need help if anybody can help, please.
I have a 9-5 2001, and sometimes when switch off the car, I can't switch it on again. I have to leave for at least 5 min, then it works. Do you have any idea what the problem is? Is it the ignition or the starter, or maybe the siren.

The other problem is, in the computer screen, it says SERVICE ALARM THEFT. I was told that I have to change the siren. Can siren's batteries be changable? How? Where is the siren?

Thank you

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for replying.
when I put the key on the ON position, the lights, radio, a/c work, but when I switch the key to crank it, it doesn't work.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Several possible causes not in any particular order:

1) Loose connection at starter. Very common!
2) Faulty Neutral Safety Switch (Gear Position Sensor) (Auto trans only)
Starter will not activate if the car does not know what gear its in.
3) Dying battery.

First thing I would do it to check the battery. If that is ok then check the connection at the starter. A faulty neutral safety switch can often be overcome by moving the gear shifter though all the gears a few times.

·
Registered
78 Posts
in addition to pab95's sugestions, also check your fuel pump, underneath the rear seats, if it is not humming with the ignition on, big change that it is not working.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you guys for your help.
I think the problem as "prob" said is the gear position, because sometimes when I change the gear, it works. Anyways, thank you again.

·
Registered
904 Posts
My first guess after checking that the battery cables are tight at the battery, starter and ground, would be that the Crank Position Sensor needs to be replaced.

Especially since it starts after he lets the car sit for several minutes.

·
Registered
230 Posts
luv2drinkcoke said:
My first guess after checking that the battery cables are tight at the battery, starter and ground, would be that the Crank Position Sensor needs to be replaced.

Especially since it starts after he lets the car sit for several minutes.
A faulty CPS will allow the engine to crank but will not let it turn over. He has a no crank issue! :confused:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts