SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while back the alarm went off when I opened the trunk. Since then, about 30 seconds after I open the trunk, the alarm goes off. This happens every single time I open the trunk.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
If the alarm is activated and you use the trunk button on the remote, you have about 5-10 seconds to open the trunk without the alarm sounding. If you wait too long, it will go off when you raise the lid.

Now having the alarm go off 30 seconds after you raise the lid is rather strange - I've never had that happen. I have seen it happen that I thought the trunk was closed but it wasn't, and the alarm sounds maybe 30 seconds after I lock the car. But I generally get in the habit of unlocking the car before I open the trunk because I can never be sure what it's going to do.

·
Registered
198 Posts
If the alarm is activated and you use the trunk button on the remote, you have about 5-10 seconds to open the trunk without the alarm sounding. If you wait too long, it will go off when you raise the lid.

Now having the alarm go off 30 seconds after you raise the lid is rather strange - I've never had that happen. I have seen it happen that I thought the trunk was closed but it wasn't, and the alarm sounds maybe 30 seconds after I lock the car. But I generally get in the habit of unlocking the car before I open the trunk because I can never be sure what it's going to do.
Interesting...this doesn't happen for me.

I frequently hit button on the fob to open it (and not unlock the doors) up while I'm just walking out of my apartment (third floor mind you) in order to already have it ajar when I'm taking trash out or something and it definitely takes me longer than 30 seconds most times to get down to my car and lift the boot. I've never had my alarm go off...and it is set to 'full alarm' in the SID.

Strange!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Mine will do it but not every time. Does not matter how long, I am normally standing right next to the car when I hit the button, so less than the 30 seconds. I just got in the habit of unlocking the car first and then I don't have to worry about being that guy in the parking lot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts