SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys - been trying to get my SRS light reset on my 90 SPG (us model).

But the test connector plug that a shop uses is nowhere to be found, it's supposed to be under the rubber bellows just forward of the shifter? No dice on mine. So this weekend I had to replace my cat heat shield, I literally took out all carpet, insulation, center console... thinking I'd find the connector. No dice... its not there.

So -- maybe someone took out the lower dash and didn't replace this harness years ago. Or from the factory.

Where's my SRS ECU ... and anyone have this same problem locating the harness? I'm thinking if I can find the SRS ECU I can trace somehow the connector / harness from it and find what I'm looking for.

Thanks

·
Registered
18,382 Posts
It's in there somewhere. It looks sort of like the sunroof plug but it has an "SRS" sticker (which may be missing).

·
Registered
5,779 Posts
If the sticker is missing, you may be able to identify it from the wires, i think there's a lot of green colors, maybe a green and yellow one.

·
Registered
18,382 Posts
TheRedBaron said:
If the sticker is missing, you may be able to identify it from the wires, i think there's a lot of green colors, maybe a green and yellow one.
It's easy to identify, it's the one connected to nothing :p

Sometimes they are under the carpet. It's possible it's made it's way under the seat...

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Whats weird is that

I took out both front seats, carpet, padding, center console, middle console, insulation under the carpet. And the harness and plug just absolutely isn't there. Anywhere. Which is what's so weird. (I've seen it on other cars so i sort of remember what it looks like)

My best guess is that its attached still to the SRS ECU up under the dash somewhere, and that in somehow removing/reinstalling the dash/underdash at some point the harness was left up in the dash.

I dunno. I'm a bit at a loss.

BUT thanks for all the help !

·
Registered
22 Posts
Mine was hiding behind the lower centre console, where the separate cd player \ aux gauges \ extra storage compartment usually sit.

i was able to reach in from the drivers side of the console and pull it out. or you can remove whatever is in that extra little slot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts