SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm contemplating converting over to an airbag type suspension, front and rear. the rear will be easy to do, but pretty obviously the front will not be as easy.

i'm thinking about a set of shockwave 9000's for the rear axle, which should be pretty easy to fab up some mounts and put them in place of the shocks (the shockwave's replace the shocks & springs)

the front, however, is what i'm not sure about. air ride offers several different "air struts" for imports (hondas, acuras). could one of these be adapted to fit the front of an ng900?

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
They will feel really smooth, but they wont hanlde anywhere near as good.

I've never seen it done on a Saab though, I'd like to see how it goes.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i disagree wholeheartedly with your statement about handling. i drove a 1994 camaro and a 1972 chevy nova with air bags (nova had air ride's 4link/air bag setup), and they both handled immensely better than their conventional spring/shock counterparts, and the rides were far smoother.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
You may be right, I guess I'm saying they wont handle as tighlty as sport shocks/ struts. I've driven in alot of cars with an airbag suspension, and none of them handle as tightly as my car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts