SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted a topic not long ago about the clockspring-the part which allows the elctrical connection between steering wheel and column. Well, I bought another, installed it properly, and the airbag fault light is still on. Is this cleared w/ Tech II? I was going to ask if I had another problem since the horn doesn't work but LOL I realized I disconnected the connection at the horn since it was intermittantly going off-not something you want to hear if your already on edge b/c of a hurricane! :lol:

·
Registered
9,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nevermind, it is and I see can also go off after 30 or 40 restarts. Think that's what I'll do.

·
Registered
10,508 Posts
I'm not so sure that the airbag fault will be cleared by multiple starts. I'm pretty sure that has to be cleared with a Tech II.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
I for one hope it does clear after 40 restarts as my SRS is also "kaput"...
This Tech II could be costly..on top of doing the repair - my springs were OK, good continuity.

BTW, I am of the opinion that if the horn operates, the SRS(airbag) clock-springs are also good..But, of course, if the horn is a no go - then it could be anything...

Thanks to Munki - the test was effective
Now I suspect a seat belt connection...
Probably at the dealer all this could have been done in minutes - even the diagnosis..
If the codes can be read in minutes, and a report generated in minutes, and the Tech II resetting done in minutes, why is the dealer charge so high(one hour) ???

I know that the equipment is expensive, that training is necessary....Evidently there is a lack of volume due to high initial costs ...

·
Registered
9,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No absolutely, if the horn works, then the clockspring/airbag connection is fine. They share one ribbon cable in the clockspring. As for the airbag resetting, I've seen it in several different threads that it would reset, so I am keeping my fingers crossed. If not, Lester Ewing (SCNA) has a Tech II and maybe I can get him to clear it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts