201 - 220 of 246 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
I don't think the recall includes passenger airbags
That is correct:

February 3, 2016 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 16V063000
Driver's Frontal Air Bag Inflator May Rupture
In the event of a crash necessitating deployment of the driver's frontal air bag, the inflator could rupture with metal fragments striking the driver or other occupants resulting in serious injury or death.

NHTSA Campaign Number: 16V063000

Manufacturer General Motors LLC

Components AIR BAGS

Potential Number of Units Affected 113,716

Summary

General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2006-2011 Saab 9-3 vehicles manufactured May 31, 2002, to February 15, 2011, 2006-2009 Saab 9-5 vehicles manufactured June 7, 2005, to May 28, 2009, and 2008-2009 Saturn Astra vehicles manufactured April 11, 2007, to July 24, 2008. Upon deployment of the driver's frontal air bag, excessive internal pressure may cause the inflator to rupture.

Remedy

GM will notify owners, and dealers will replace the driver's frontal air bag inflator on Saab 9-3 and 9-5 vehicles and will replace the driver's frontal airbag module on Saturn Astra vehicles, free of charge. The recall began on March 1, 2017. Owners may contact Saab customer service at 1-800-955-9007 or Saturn customer service at 1-800-553-6000. GM's number for this recall is 28810.

Notes

Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.

12 Affected Products
14 Associated Documents
1 Associated Investigation

·
Registered
183 Posts
I'm a happy camper. Next Friday I'm taking my new to me 2008 9-3 convertible to the dealer. They can program my new key fob and cut the key. They will also be replacing the airbag and drivers seat belt since all parts are now in

·
Registered
607 Posts
I made an appointment to have the recall done in two weeks on my two Saabs. The shop was complaining that he can order only four airbags at a time and delivery is slow. I'll feel a whole lot better when this is done.
I feel a whole lot better today since both my cars got the recall done. I'm lucky to have an official Saab service center only 15 minutes away.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I feel a whole lot better today since both my cars got the recall done. I'm lucky to have an official Saab service center only 15 minutes away.
When I called my local Saab service center (Land Rover) I was told the same thing. The service guy wanted my VIN number so he could get me in the system since they could only get a few at a time. I'm going over Friday morning. I hope it won't be an all day event

·
Registered
183 Posts
Airbag and seat belt replaced today. It took about 90 minutes total. Also had a new Key Fob programmed for $75. They don't cut the key there, it will come directly from Saab in about a week

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm scheduled for 5/26 at EuroPro in Charleston for the airbag and a fuel pump (also a recall). Surprised that the inflator for a 2010 is available but I'll take it! The last recall notice I saw said they wouldn't be available until September...maybe being in a high humidity area sped that up.

Glad to see these are getting replaced. Got my Acura done last August and wasn't sure when I'd ever see the 9-3 fixed up.

·
Super Moderator
11,177 Posts
...maybe being in a high humidity area sped that up.
Age of inflator and geographic location are the two most important factors in assigning priority groups. See, e.g. Annex A (Coordinated Remedy Program Priority Groups) to the original Coordinated Remedy Order issued to Takata explaining that any vehicles ever sold or registered in High Absolute Humidity ("HAH") areas are a priority. HAH areas are determined by each manufacturer BUT HAH areas in the US must include those listed in Annex A (which does not include South Carolina, although GM/SAAB were free to include SC within that priority group).

·
Registered
37 Posts
Finally got my letter. Saab of Edmonton is only 5min away, but I think I'll wait a couple weeks. They'll have done enough replacements by that time, so I can trust they know what their doing.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Saab of Edmonton is only 5min away, but I think I'll wait a couple weeks. They'll have done enough replacements by that time, so I can trust they know what their doing.
Are you high?! You're holding a grenade and you don't know if the pin has been pulled or not and you want to wait?!

It's not a difficult job. Schedule it PDQ.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Are you high?! You're holding a grenade and you don't know if the pin has been pulled or not and you want to wait?!

It's not a difficult job. Schedule it PDQ.
We've been driving with this issue for years...
I've been busy lately, but I'll try to book it next week.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I'm scheduled for 5/26 at EuroPro in Charleston for the airbag and a fuel pump (also a recall). Surprised that the inflator for a 2010 is available but I'll take it! The last recall notice I saw said they wouldn't be available until September...maybe being in a high humidity area sped that up.

Glad to see these are getting replaced. Got my Acura done last August and wasn't sure when I'd ever see the 9-3 fixed up.
I didn't see anywhere in Charleston with the info we received, we're in Columbia and there's nobody here that can do it. Have to drive 1.5 hours to either Charlotte, Greenville or Florence..... I'd rather go to Charleston though if possible. They're authorized and didn't charge you anything? I'll look them up and ask some questions anyhow...

·
Registered
754 Posts
I didn't see anywhere in Charleston with the info we received, we're in Columbia and there's nobody here that can do it. Have to drive 1.5 hours to either Charlotte, Greenville or Florence..... I'd rather go to Charleston though if possible. They're authorized and didn't charge you anything? I'll look them up and ask some questions anyhow...
Disregard.... i see it on the list now, had to up the mileage from our location.

201 - 220 of 246 Posts