SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to start my car the other day and my airbag light went on for no reason... anyone ever have this happen? i also am in an area where no one has a scan tool softwear for a saab so i can't reset it, should i worry about this?

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
Its not specific what bag is causing the problem, have you had any work done on the vehicle recently that could have disturbed any wiring?

The manual says that the airbags may or may not work when the airbag warning light is illuminated. :roll:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nope, no work has been done to it, you think if someone could have bumped the car while it is parked it could disrupt it? it happened at a party up at my school... parked by other people but not where drunks could mess it up

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
Very unlikely a parking bump could set the light. It could just reset after a few starts and not reappear again. If its still on after a couple of weeks i'd be inclined to get the fault code pulled by a dealer.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
alright cool... thanks for your help... i just need to wait to go home till i can get my dealer to check it with a scan tool

o, also liking the airplan beep sound it makes when the light goes on, havn't heard that one yet

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Midnight9-5 said:
o, also liking the airplan beep sound it makes when the light goes on, havn't heard that one yet
I know how great is that! Haha everyone love it.

You can also get the code pulled at most auto parts stores, then post 'er up on here and we can get you more specifics.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
see the problem is where i go to school is sort of in the middle of no where and the closest place to get my car scaned is 3hrs away and im not driving for that... all the GM dealers up here don't deal with saab's... o and if your form the US i am in the UP of michigan

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Just in case its for real, please be careful until you can get it checked out!

A face full of steering wheel in a colision aint gonna be much fun :eek:

·
Registered
131 Posts
i just had that happen to my 9-5. it turned out to be the drivers side air bag snsor. this was an important fix because the mechanic said it could have alloed the air bag to deploy at any time!!!!!!!!!!! get it checked out.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
The GM dealership should still be willing to pull a code for you if you say your worried about it since it has to do with the airbag system. They may charge you though.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Chris 9-5 said:
A face full of steering wheel in a colision aint gonna be much fun :eek:
happened already in my old car, but was on the passenger side, no fun indeed...

SectorNine50 said:
The GM dealership should still be willing to pull a code for you if you say your worried about it since it has to do with the airbag system. They may charge you though.
so your saying if they don't even have the softwear for the scan tool they can pull it?

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Midnight9-5 said:
so your saying if they don't even have the softwear for the scan tool they can pull it?
Yup! You can get the code from any dinky scan tool, you just need the software to decode it, which a lot of us have.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts