SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, a year ago I was driving down the highway when I heard a loud fast flapping sound. Turns out my front air shield was cracked. I tore it off and went on my way. This week I ordered a new one. I put it on the car (despite the screw holes not lining up perfectly) and started to drive and had the same loud flapping sound. Took it off and it went away. Am I missing something? Is there some special part that goes around the lower spoiler/bumper for mounting it that I might have lost with the original? I'd like it installed, but can't drive around with it sounding like something is constantly bumping the car.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
So, a year ago I was driving down the highway when I heard a loud fast flapping sound. Turns out my front air shield was cracked. I tore it off and went on my way. This week I ordered a new one. I put it on the car (despite the screw holes not lining up perfectly) and started to drive and had the same loud flapping sound. Took it off and it went away. Am I missing something? Is there some special part that goes around the lower spoiler/bumper for mounting it that I might have lost with the original? I'd like it installed, but can't drive around with it sounding like something is constantly bumping the car.
the air shield attaches at the front bumper with four or five screws, and also three or four in the back....without these attached it will just flap around

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's the weird thing. I had screws in every screw hole. However, I still had the noise. I'll be under the car tomorrow trying to see if it supposed to fit in a different way.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts