SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gents
I have stuttering and acceleration problems from my 1990 16v convertible it seems to be restricted.
If it stops raining I will change the AMM. The used one I have gives a resistance reading of 393 I understand it should be 380 ? Do I just turn down the adjustment screw till it reads 380 ? The serial numbers are the same on the one on the car and the used one. Thanks ALAN T

·
Registered
888 Posts
Gents
I have stuttering and acceleration problems from my 1990 16v convertible it seems to be restricted.
If it stops raining I will change the AMM. The used one I have gives a resistance reading of 393 I understand it should be 380 ? Do I just turn down the adjustment screw till it reads 380 ? The serial numbers are the same on the one on the car and the used one. Thanks ALAN T
From what I have read you adjust the screw of the POT to the proper resistance. I think counter clockwise leans it up.

Tell me...can you show me how you accessed the screw [POT]? I understand it's located on the top on the late models.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I havent accessed the adjustment screw yet, I hope it is under the red plastic bung which is located just to the right of where the electrics plug in....

·
Registered
18,382 Posts
380 is just a starting point, you're supposed to use a gas analyzer in the tailpipe and adjust the screw until you get a certain CO %

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.