Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how does one go about hooking these up?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Follow the directions...:lol::lol:

I'll make some generic directions up anyway
Put the sensor in the exhaust pipe
Run the wire harness from sensor to gauge.
You will most likely have a power wire, connected to 12+, and a ground wire.
Hook up the harness to gauge, and mount.
Drive the car
:cheesy:

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i was looking at a universl that i think splices into the o2 sensor wiring. i have 2 white wires coming out of my sensor . does it make a difference which i go into? how many input wires go to the gauge?

·
Registered
249 Posts
:confused:
Been there, and tried that. All those gauges do is ocellate back and forth. The factory O2 sensor operates on a 0-1 volt scale, which is narrow and imprecise for monitoring the air/fuel ratio.

If you still want to have an AFR gauge, take a look at AEM
http://www.summitracing.com/search/...al/Gauge-Style/AEM-Wideband-UEGO/?Ns=Rank|Asc

Yeah, its pricey, but it does the job waaaaay better than the narrow-band gauge

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so do you have tpo drill and tap a completely new o2 sensor location for the one that comes with the gauge?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Yes. The best option would be to have a muffler shop drill a hole in your front exhaust pipe, then weld the threaded bung in. Unless you weld it yourself :D

Location is kinda important too. If the car is NA, then the sensor has to go in the pipe After where they merge to 1. If turbo, then it can pretty much go anywhere in the downpipe. In both cases, the sensor needs to be before the cat. converter.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
249 Posts
Gauge looks good! As for the o2 sensor, Bosch IMHO is the best/most reliable. I suppose your kit doesn't come with an o2 sensor, so yes, you will have to buy one. When searching for one, make sure it is designated as "wideband" or has a voltage range of 0-5v or volts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts