SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys - first post here...

I bought a 2003 Aero 5-spd last month and am trying to get it sorted. The car has several issues, but I'll post them separately. The car has no heat and the air distribution is jammed. I bought a new stopper arm and thought I had the problem fixed but air still only come out at the face vents. I removed the stepper motor and tried to move the air distribution manually and it won't budge in either direction. :(

Has anyone recovered from a stuck air distribution assembly *without* R&R of the heater box? I have considered trying to get through the recirculation vent(s) in the hopes of removing the obstruction or freeing the assembly. Access might be through the blower in front of the windshield. How about going through the foot vent openings??? At least you can see some of the shaft/axle through there...

TIA,
-Dietrich

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Solved

I'll answer my own question... This weekend I discovered that I installed the left stepper arm (alu replacement) upside-down, thus locking the air distribution drum in place. ;oops: Rookie mistake. Luckily no damage resulted.

On to the next ACC woe: no heat on either side...
-Dietrich

1 - 2 of 2 Posts