SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here done this fix yet?

Dealer wants almost $1800 to replace it. This part is $200.

I just ordered the part from thesaabsite so I'll let you know how it goes. Symptoms are driver side flap does not work properly so fresh air comes in all the time. So if it is cold outside, it is cold inside at the driver, hot outside, hot at the driver. Rest of the car is fine.
It'll be in and done next Thursday.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Saab just released their official fix for this problem

Saab now offers a plastic/nylon part for a fraction of the cost of the aftermarket aluminum parts.

Part number 12765865 $1.80
It will still require the white blend door stop as before P/N 5334701

This won't fix all causes of the dreaded Code 08, but will fix the most common one.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Yes, it can break too....

The Saab part is a repair sleeve for the shaft only. The picture I saw of it does not include the cam portion as on the machined aluminum piece from thesaabsite.

I tried posting a photo but apparently the competing Saab owner sites don't like each other, and attempting to post a photo from site A into site B only results in posting an advertisement for site A.

But...... Since you haven't received the aluminum part yet, you still have the opportunity to save yourself nearly $200 by purchasing the new plastic part from your local Dealer.

Just trying to help, not trying to rub salt into any wounds.

·
Registered
364 Posts
MI Roger, how does this repair sleeve work? Can you link me to where the picture is?

EDIT: Actually, I found it, but how do you remove your old shaft if it is broken? Does it just pull out?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Let me know how this goes, Jeff. I will need to do this at some point, but it isnt bad yet. Maybe you can lend a hand since you will be an expert ;)

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Roger..no worries.

Too late though as i received the part today.
Surely doesn't seem like it is worth $200 but oh well.

It'll be done next week.

Hey Greg...how's things with the 9-5?
Did your brother jump ship?

·
Registered
96 Posts
I don't get this. The part costs $99 shipped @ eEuroparts, and yet I still see people paying $200+ other places, and I believe it's the same part. I must be missing something.....

·
Registered
213 Posts
My car is up and down but overall I am still happy with it. Ryan still has the 9-3 along with the Mazdaspeed Miata. It will be a beast next time there is a mountain drive.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
waynlewis said:
I don't get this. The part costs $99 shipped @ eEuroparts, and yet I still see people paying $200+ other places, and I believe it's the same part. I must be missing something.....
The saabsite reduced their price from $199 to $159 and refunded the difference for me. They explained that the version other people are selling is a previous version of what they came up with. The previosu version had problems with over running the stops and breaking other things that are expensive to fix. They can give you the details. I would talk to TW at Thesaabsite about it.

Mine is in and done...and fixed. Not a terrible job to do other than the cirque de soleil position you have to get it to work on it under the dash. There is a great therad on there with pictures that helped me tremendously. Took about 75 minutes in all.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Now what?

I had the 08 code. I went under the dash and found the shaft was broken and the the other piece missing. I ordered the blend door repair kit. Put it in and there wasn't a single change in the air temperature on the driver side. The motor still is working. What do I need to check now?

Thanks
J.R.

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
Did you check for codes again? Did you index the motor to make sure its in the correct position? Is the motor working ( soemtimes the spindle plls out of the box and the gears no longer engage. Is the shaft on the other side broken?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I sure would love to hear your solution. I have poor air flow and so far I have: replaced blower fan AND resistor pack, recirc motor, cabin filter (which was filthy) tried another ACC control unit (both throw code 22). Ideas??? Also is there another door on the driver's side? I ask this because both motors on pass side are good and work fine. I jumped fan motor direct to battery and speed was same as high but still VERY poor flow into cabin. I know saab's won't blow you away but this is barely a breeze. ICE cold from ALL vents but POOR FLOW. It HAS to be SOMETHING!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts