SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the car (2003 Vector) sat at work for 2 days and got in to warm air no cold air. It's 90 degrees so this was a disappointment ? Took the car home and removed the battery for about 2 hours.
Started it. Compressor doesn't seem to be on. Have a can of home fill 134 with a Guage and with engine stopped about 80 psi. I need to check for power at the compressor. Then I ran to the neighbors for a minute about 2 miles away and it worked both going and coming. So I thought it was magically fixed. Went to work today and no joy. Any other ideas? Thanks

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Beside that as well, was the 80 psi on cold or hot engine?
Provide the low pressure reading with engine off and cold as well ?

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
It was warm outside i understand that, but was the engine temperature matching the outside or was it operated within the last few hours that its still hot ??

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So this morning I go outside and get the wire clip off the compressor, test for voltage which is 14.5 at idle. Plugged it back in while the engine is running and boom! Big click and the compressor comes on and I get cold air. Loose connector maybe? I'll keep using it and see if it still works. I dislike electrical trouble...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
saga never ends...

So today I go out and no AC. unplug the compressor and check for power. 14.5 volts. Plug it back in and Boom. Compressor comes on. Before that though I check the pressure with a guage. 73 degrees outside and about 75 pounds of pressure. Compressor comes on with the fans cycling about 15 seconds on and of. Low side reads 26psi. Add freon to get it to 35 psi and now the fans are on full time. The inside is cooling 25 degrees below ambient temp....:cool:

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 07 Saab 9-3 2L turbo has no cold air. Has Freon and fans work. Just doesn't get cold. I THINK compressor comes on as my engine drags down when turned on. Any ideas?? Poor girl who owns Saab but fell in love and wants to keep her. 223,000 miles

1 - 10 of 10 Posts