SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a bit stuck trying to figure out what's wrong with the climate control in my car. When I set both driver and passenger sides to the minimum temperature I get cold air on the driver's side and warm air on the passenger side. When I rotate the temperature knobs to the maximum I get very hot air on both sides.

My first thought was that I might be low on coolant so I checked the pressure and found it was 30psi. My second attempt to diagnose the issue was to take out the panels next to the shifter and the glove box. From here I was able to see the servos all seemed to move and I heard valves creak as they reached their furthest extents as expected from the warm/hot air response from the climate control. The ducts all appear to be pretty tightly integrated in some white unit inside the dash, I saw two black perfectly good ducts going down and some white one going towards the firewall.

Now this leaves me entirely puzzled, I'd really appreciate any insight!

·
Registered
742 Posts
Mine did this last year and was fixed with a freon recharge. 30 PSI is a little low i think. I charged it to 45 PSI and now its blowing cold. I am sure mine is leaking somewhere but dont have the time nor desire nor the coin to fix it right now so I'll just recharge as needed....for now...

·
Registered
238 Posts
Mine did this last year and was fixed with a freon recharge. 30 PSI is a little low i think. I charged it to 45 PSI and now its blowing cold. I am sure mine is leaking somewhere but dont have the time nor desire nor the coin to fix it right now so I'll just recharge as needed....for now...
What's your opinion on stop leak. My fiance's car has a pinhole leak somewhere (leaks about half the freon per year). I've read accounts ranging between "it will destroy the entire AC" to "naysayers just want you to spend money in their shop rather than going for the cheap easy fix."

·
Registered
742 Posts
What's your opinion on stop leak. My fiance's car has a pinhole leak somewhere (leaks about half the freon per year). I've read accounts ranging between "it will destroy the entire AC" to "naysayers just want you to spend money in their shop rather than going for the cheap easy fix."
That's what I used on mine and my wifes car. So far so good, going on a year now.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all for your suggestions, I ended up adding a bottle of refrigerant to the air conditioner to bring the pressure up slightly and it did the trick. Now I'm hoping that it'll work for a while and isn't an early indicator of a leak.

Thanks again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts