SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Even with my ACC off the A/C is still on. There is always a slight breeze of cool air coming from the vents. The compressor is kicking on and off and the coolant fan is cycling too. Is there a way to turn this off?? 98 900SE

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
In theory. Do you think the cabin fan continues to run, and that's what's blowing air? Have you tried unplugging the ACC panel to see if that stops anything?

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I checked it real good today.

Pressing econ didn't work. The fan is not blowing, it's fresh A/C'd air that's forced in under speed. Keep in mind the ACC reads "OFF" when this is happening. All other functions work properly when turned on.

·
Registered
18,908 Posts
Check to see if the compressor is actually engaged. You should be able to see the end plate on the clutch either engaged or disengaged. There's only a gap of a couple mm when it's disengaged so look close.

If it's engaged, shut the car off and see if it disengages. You might try disconnecting the red wire to the compressor (car off) , then start it and see if it disengages.

If it's engaged without power to the clutch, you have a clutch problem. If it engages whenever the car starts, you have a "control" issue with something telling the A/C to come on.

You might try the "recalibrate" trick on the ACC if it seems like a control issue.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bob,

The compressor is kicking on and off, I've already seen that. With the coolant fan cycling, it tells me there is a control problem.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How is that performed?

·
Registered
18,908 Posts
Press Auto and OFF and the same time, hold for a moment, then release. Display with post various stuff... takes about 30 seconds to finish.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Press Auto and OFF and the same time, hold for a moment, then release. Display with post various stuff... takes about 30 seconds to finish.
Thanks, I looked in the owners manual and it was there. Seemed to have cure the problem.

It's weird, when it was coming on, it would cycle on for 10, off for 10, but when it's turned on normally, the compressor just stayed on, no cycling. Hopefully that's the cure.

Thanks

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's didn't cure the problem.

The only way for me to stop the A/C from coming on is, after I start the car, I have to press the off button twice. Once turns the system on, the other press turns it off. For some reason this keeps the A/C from coming on even though the screen displays 'OFF'.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts