SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Germany,

and congratulations for this great forum. And: please excuse me treating your language bad, but I have a problem the saab-dealer cannot solve.

The ACC of my 9-5 wagon, 2,0t, 2001, 120 KM, makes strange noises when temperature is hot and at low speed. Sometimes it sounds like a metallic vibration, and it comes with a sound like a foghorn or a "moo". it lasts for about 5 to 15 sec. When I open the throttle or switch off the ACC, it stops immediately.

It´s very intensive when steering gets moved, but, as i wrote, not always. That´s the problem, I cannot provoke it to show it to the dealer.

Right now, the car was at the dealer´s garage for two days, they changed the liquid but found nothing. As they say, this noises are completely unknown to saab.

is there anyone in the forum who can give me a hint?

thanks for answering
michael

·
Registered
444 Posts
Welcome to saabcentral!
Don't worry, your english is far better than my German so please carry on! :D

Have they checked the high pressure expansion valve? it can make some strange noises!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hi and welcome to Saabcentral :)

Possibly the drive belt tensioner? by adding revs it would become quieter as would removing a load like the Air-con compressor :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@ murphwiz and mr saabman:

thanks a lot for the warm welcome and the immediate replies!

These could indeed be reasons for the noises. I will ask my garage to check both, valve and tensioner. I´ll keep you informed :wink:

By the way: where is SAABCENTRAL located?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts