SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I recently noticed that the air condition on/off switch (manual air condition) in my '98 900S will not stay depressed (ie. on) when it's hot outside. It seems to work just fine when it's not hot - switch stays on when pressed and cold air comes out of the vents. When the weather is hot, the switch will not stay on, but cold air comes out of the vents when I keep the switch pushed in.

Is the switch broken, low refrigerant pressure? Please comment if you can.

Many thanks.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
I concur. Sounds like a physically bad switch. For the low refrigerant idea, no, I had low refrigerant and the switch in the car would depress, but the system would not engage, so its not that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Many thanks for the info. I quess I'll be testing my mechanical skills at taking the switch out. I saw some earlier posts describing how to do it.

Thanks again. :D

·
Registered
42 Posts
i have a 99 9-3 and my a/c started acting up last week (along with some other stuff....it's been one of them weeks) anyways for me it was the one that regulates the speed of the fan. i notice if i jiggle it, it still will come on at least on the highest (4) setting. must be the knob but i have the feeling you have some other button trouble going on....(just thought this may help)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Obi Rob. You are right. I do seem to have some other button trouble. The a/c switch seems to work just fine if I turn the temperature knob to warm and then depress the a/c button. Makes no sense. May be forced to talk to a dealer.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Is it normal for the fan to stay on after the car is turned off and the alarm is activated? I'm a newby. Sorry.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
TWINN said:
Is it normal for the fan to stay on after the car is turned off and the alarm is activated? I'm a newby. Sorry.
Yes, this is probably true for all cars, I am assuming you mean the radiator fan ??
But it could mean the evaporator fan as well
depends on its control...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts