SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As it has been up to 30 deg over here recently....I had hoped my A/C would be great, but! All I am getting is warmish air wafting thro' the vents...

I had the condenser re-filled last year with the correct gas (old style connectores...new gas) but it doesn't seem to be happening...

Any ideas as to why?

Thanks...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Is the A/C Compressor turning on? Maybe a broken or slipping belt? (I don't know much about A/C systems, all i know is mine aint working)

·
Registered
161 Posts
Pop open the hood and make sure the compressor is kicking on and then go from there. If it doesn't kick on you may need a recharge and to find the leak since you said it was just filled a year ago.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Did it work 6 months ago when you refilled it?

I'd guess it's a leak somewhere, which is what mine has.. and it reminds me of yours. The previous owner said it was working, but when I went to test drive it the AC was blowing warm after sitting in his yard for a month. So I just had it recharged and it was ice cold for about 3 days, and it's slowly getting warmer.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
The usual source of leakage is the combo hose (the pair coming from the back of the compressor)--they get porous with age, a problem that has been fixed with the replacement ones.

Here in the US, www.eeuroparts.com sells this item for about $80.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts