SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was doing some work on my console, now i have a air bag warning light showing up, any correlation in the two, can i clear the warning

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
I believe that Air Bag warning lights can only be cleared with Tech 2 equipment :confused:

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
jfiala1254 said:
would disconnecting the drivers seat controls set this off
Possibly especially if the ignition was on :confused:

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Did this myself when I put in some leather seats-cleared the error message by disconnecting the battery for a few mins.
Read somewhere the fault will eventually clear after a dozen or so successful starts..........prob pulling fuse 17 if I recall may also do the same.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
As I said before i think the airbag needs a Tech 2 reset :confused:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well after 1 week and about 12 cycles, the air bag light went away. One mechanic said it takes about 12-14 cycles, which means geting to full temperature and then cooling down, so you just can't start the car 12 times. This was a cadillac mechanic, the saab mechanics didn't tell me this, they said bring it in and they would scan it (and they said hurry up in) yeah for $120.00 us dollors. The saab mechanics said it would take 1/2 hour to do, which seems like alot of time, but if you include the 15 minute nap, i guess that sounds right.I guess the saab dealer shops here in illinois are just out for the money. I don't trust them at all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts