SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My airbag light came on after I pulled my SID to try and fix the pixles.

Could the SID has caused the airbag light to go on?

Anything I can do or check before going to a shop?
I went and had the odb codes read but there was none.

·
Registered
18,942 Posts
SID should not affect air bag at all. Steering column stuff does but not SID.

If there's no fault, it should clear after 20-40 engine starts/cycles. The alternative is to have someone with a Tech II reset it.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
I think that automotive collision shops have the electronic equipment to reset the SRS lights...but I doubt if this helps...the Tech2 is a better choice.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So, the light eventually cleared but it came back. Now that I have the WIS information I took another stab at it.

Unfortunately, it doesn't tell you how to test.

Testing at the the two terminals at the connector between the door and frame the sensor measured open. Not sure if there should be resistance.

I managed to get the connector off the sensor and confirmed there wires from the sensor to the door connector are good with the meter.

I guess the next step is to test from the center console back to the plug at the sensor. How do I remove the center console?

Anything else I can test? Not sure what would make the light come on if it is as simple as open or closed?

·
Registered
32 Posts
HI,
i change the seats of my 2000 93. The air bag and (!) light up.I tought since i remove the air bag from the new seat passenger side it might have done a glitch in the system. But i manage to replug the original side seat air bag and had the same result:x Is it the same problem...Any help will be appreciate.

·
Registered
12,353 Posts
It sounds like you removed the seat with either the battery connected or the ignition turned on. Try driving for 20-40 drive cycles and see if it turns off... Ron

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ron
yes i did remove it whit the battery on. And i did arround 30 to 50 cycles,but nothing happen:roll: Like i said,i replug the old one ,but i guess that i have to reset the computer.I try joinging the 2 part of the battery connector together for 5 minutes...Nothing...:(

·
Registered
18,942 Posts
You can wait some more cycles bu tif the problem is still there then it will never reset.

You can also go to a dealer or mechanic with a Tech II who can check the codes, tell you what part is giving the error, and reset it if it does not have a mechanical defect.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts