SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2004 9-3 Aero, 2008 9-3 Aero, 2009 2.0T XWD
Joined
·
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I posted about it before, I bought a pro parts Sweden pump once, installed it. Didn't work, car stalled.

Bought a Spectra for my 2.8, CAR CHUGS AND STALLS.

I saw someone on the forums vouch for them. I am so horribly wrong yet again. I'm sitting in my car after laboring in the hot sun to get this thing out only to chug.

Please don't make the same mistake. I'm gonna have to drop this dam thing yet again.
 

·
Registered
2004 9-3 Aero, 2008 9-3 Aero, 2009 2.0T XWD
Joined
·
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update:

The car eventually smooths out and triggers P0089.

If I clear it, the car chugs.

Still no OEM pumps available.

For whatever reason, my Tech 2's Candi module has stopped working as well.

This is so effed.
 

·
Registered
2004 9-3 Aero, 2008 9-3 Aero, 2009 2.0T XWD
Joined
·
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update: found broken vacuum line. Replaced it. CEL light still comes on. Pretty sure it's P0089 since I was able to pull codes once.

It looks like my Candi module died so I can't clear it.
 

·
Registered
2004 9-3 Aero, 2008 9-3 Aero, 2009 2.0T XWD
Joined
·
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Another one:

Got my hands on a generic Bluetooth obd,

Now I have P0193 and P0089

Installed the Spectra fuel pump from rockauto and have also replaced the fuel pressure sensor with an OEM Bosch unit.
 

·
Registered
2008 Saab 9-3 Aero FWD 6MT
Joined
·
143 Posts
The "Fuel Pressure Regulator" is a sensor on the rail. Assuming that the new sensor he put in is correct and in working order, it basically comes down to the pump. A fuel pressure test and a Tech2 diagnosis would be next. I believe there is a way to see the percent load of the pump or something similar. Also check the pump ground.
Edit: P0193 comes out as Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor High Voltage. Apparently your pressure is either too high, or the sensor is bad...
 

·
Registered
2004 9-3 Aero, 2008 9-3 Aero, 2009 2.0T XWD
Joined
·
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Posting another update from my computer out of the hot sun as I had to replace the left CV axle today.

So I had the car on the ramps with some fuel when I swapped the pump. I started it and it was running rough. In my fit of rage I heard a hissing from the engine bay and realized it was a broken vacuum, I sealed it temporarily (while I wait for the part to arrive)

The car eventually smoothed out I turned it off for a few minutes, tried getting the T2 to fiddle with the pump to listen if it was working and I could hear it actuate. The car then smoothed out and started to trigger P0089 and P0193, when I would clear it, the car would chug again.

Then I noticed the Tech 2 kept giving me a candi module error and couldn't communicate with the car. I cycled the battery, it ran smoothly so I threw some gas in it and drove it home. This morning I drove it back to my friend's place to work on the CV joint and no CEL for the 8-mile drive but I do have my Bluetooth obd reader with the Torque app monitoring the emissions readiness and I'm betting it's gonna pop again (knowing my luck)

I drove it back home tonight around the neighborhood for about 40 minutes monitoring the OBD readiness. The last time I got the CEL to trigger was when the 02 heater was ready and it isn't ready as of yet.

If it comes back, I guess I have to wait for an OEM pump to become available.

And yes, I've replaced the fuel pressure sensor with an OEM unit and the car has a brand new battery (about a week old)
 

·
Registered
2004 9-3 Aero, 2008 9-3 Aero, 2009 2.0T XWD
Joined
·
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay guys,

Here's my final update on this and it looks like good news.

So the car chugged, maybe because the tank wasn't completely full, I happened to find a vacuum leak at the exact same time, AND my Candi module happened to die in the middle of clearing codes so the car got all weird.

Since my last post, I have purchased a replacement Candi module so my T2 is up and running and the car is no longer throwing engine codes.

I had my code reader plugged in and after 2 days, emissions were finally ready and the car passed smog!

She's been driving fine since I did the job and pulls strongly.

So...maybe the RockAuto pump isn't junk :roll:

I've since replaced the driver's axle, added oem all weather floormats, and some accessories that weren't optioned when the car was bought. Next is tint. The car definitely needs some suspension work but other than that, she feels solid.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top