SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered that 7 piece clutch kit from E euro parts a little while ago. As time permits I've been slowly replacing my burnt clutch. I noticed the other day the pressure plates seem a little different. I was wondering if it was because it was an aftermarket part or if I just got the WrOnG part. Has anyone ever seen/used a pressure plate that looks like this? From what I can tell it seems to have the same bolt pattern. The friction plate it came with is also a little larger in diameter. The width and spline diemensions seem the same though. :confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
424 Posts
It appears that you have the SACHS aftermarket part.

We just bought a 94 vert that needs some driveline work--a clutch and tranny among some other stuff. (PO's teenaged hot-rodder had his mitts on it). My gurus down the street greatly prefer the original Borg and Beck stuff that was Saab OEM.

Maybe it looks a bit different due to it being SACHS??

Is your car a later model turbo?? I think those used a larger clutch assy.--the one specified for the 9000's.

Counting my two dwindling parts cars, that makes 5 of these buggers I have around. I'll be one down next week when my son comes to drive the 88 900S/stealth SPG away--I'm going to miss that one!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope not a turbo.;) if everything fits correctly I'm not going to complain about the added friction surface. Any particular reason why the local wisemen prefer the original Saab OEM over the Sachs?

·
Registered
424 Posts
If it fits, I'd go with the bigger friction surface, too!

My local wizards think that the Borg and Beck units hold up better than SACHS. That said, there will prolly be an inundation of posts with experience to the contrary.;)

They will use aftermarket stuff if it proves to be the equivalent or better of OEM, but avoid it if their experience is not good.

Good luck!

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
The sachs is much nicer than stock IMO. The install is easier, as the design of the fingers make it easier to slip in your compression tool.

The sachs PP is what came with my swedish dynamics uprated clutch kit and it's held very well with over 315ft/lbs of torque. It's a good unit I believe.

·
Registered
424 Posts
See, I told you! :lol:

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys! Pending Cooperation with Michigan weather I hope to have her back on the road this weekend. Cheers.:cheesy:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts