SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any experiences with any aftermarket warranties? I'm looking into getting one now called Ultimate Warranty - but I understand you've got to watch out for several companies that scam you and are unwilling to pay for anything.

·
Premium Member
11,181 Posts
Yes. It is called fraud. It is actionable both civilly and criminally, but people still do it anyway. Some people just cannot seem to work for a living.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
I think you would be wise to shop several dealers and buy a Saab extended warranty - there are lots of aftermarket warranty companies that don't work well with repair shops, or have disappeared (with the money, of course!).

·
Registered
43 Posts
the only warranty company that I have heard of that actually is reputable and reliable is warranty direct. I have a friend who bought it on the suggestion of one his friends (who has it as well), and they have had no probs with claims and getting things paid. I know that warranty direct has something that is close to "bumper to bumper" coverage, but this coverage eligibility depends on the mileage and year of your car. Of course there are different options for most cars of varying mileage.

I think the best way to get an extended warranty is to buy one from a saab dealer, but i have been quoted some high prices, but you know you can trust them. Anyway, it seems that when buying these aftermarket warranties there are a lot bad ones. I would recommend that you do a search on google and spend a few hours researching the many different warranty companies out there if this is the route you want to take. I am looking to buy an extended warranty for my car (factory warranty runs out in feb 06) so I am trying to see what is the better company. It seems that when buying a from a reliable company your options are limited. Also, check the better buisness bureau and see if the company you are buying from has had any unresolved disputes or a lot of complaints.

Check out this page, http://www.carbuyingtips.com/warranty.htm, i think it would be a good place to start. Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts