SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As stated above, I'm gettting a new Aero 9-2X and there is not much one can do without voiding the warantee (I'll have to see how my dealer is about even an exhaust). But, in the mean time, does anyone know of any issues with fitment around the rear bumper? I know that the WRX has a much larger opening, and while I do not want a rice-pipe, I still wonder if even more low key exhaust's like a Thermal R&D or Prodrive will fit without modifying the opening on the rear bumper. If anyone has any experiances to share it would be much appreciated, thanks again.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Skitzo said:
As stated above, I'm gettting a new Aero 9-2X and there is not much one can do without voiding the warantee (I'll have to see how my dealer is about even an exhaust). But, in the mean time, does anyone know of any issues with fitment around the rear bumper? I know that the WRX has a much larger opening, and while I do not want a rice-pipe, I still wonder if even more low key exhaust's like a Thermal R&D or Prodrive will fit without modifying the opening on the rear bumper. If anyone has any experiances to share it would be much appreciated, thanks again.
I have seen a car with a prodrive exhaust on it and it fits fine. There are some other exhausts that will require long exhaust hangers to fit.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Kartboy, and possibly others, makes longer exhaust hangers intended for use with aftermarket exhausts. I used them when I installed my TurboXS Stealthback...which mates with a stock Sti axleback. I do know some WRX owners are driving around with blistered bumpers because they didn't use the long hangers with their aftermarket exhaust.

http://www.allwheelengineering.com/basket/catalog.cgi?query_net_id=kartboy&query_class=KB-011

The extra-long hangers are part number KB-011-XL

·
Registered
1 Posts
al415, did your dealer say that your turbo back voided some part of your warranty? i really want to get a turbo back and either gut the up pipe or get a new one w/out a cat, but im almost positive that if my dealer found out the warranty would be voided...besides, the car is only 4 days old :cool:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have not been back to the dealer since installing the exhaust. In my experience it's down to individual service managers and their attitude towards modifications... Build a good rapport with him / her and you should be fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts