SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to install an aftermarket headunit in my car but I can't find anyone that carries a kit. If this isn't possible I will just install an amp but for that I need to know where the turn on lead for the stereo is. Does anyone have the info for either of these issues?

·
Registered
81 Posts
If you end up getting a different head unit, let me know which one you get. I also have a 2007 and want to upgrade my sound system, but it seems most of the info I've seen around here is for older cars.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
greenerob441 said:
I would like to install an aftermarket headunit in my car but I can't find anyone that carries a kit. If this isn't possible I will just install an amp but for that I need to know where the turn on lead for the stereo is. Does anyone have the info for either of these issues?
Pioneer Navigation install 2007 9-3 Aero - pics, this is basically what we know about changing the 2007 stereo so far.
Hope this helps you.
Steve.

·
Registered
30 Posts
the sticking point seems to be that no one in the US makes a harness to match up to the 2007 saab. In the thread mentionedabove there is a member that goes by hsp and he lives in sweden. I'm currently looking into getting a harness from him. You can email him through his profile. Communication from him has been extremely good.

I spent a lot of time on the net trying to find this harness. metra and the other large makers don't offer one. Local installers can't find one. As my dealings with hsp unfold I can update you.

Read the above mentioned post. There is a board member who has delt with hsp and seemed to be happy.

twoie

·
Registered
15 Posts
Since I am mentioned in this thread I thought I write something.

It seems like all of you are looking for info about the 9-3 MY07- and how to hook up a new head unit.

I spent MONTHS browsing the Internet and WIS to get all the info you need and it's not easy to find everything. There are even errors in WIS that SAAB hasn't corrected or documented. But the good thing is that I now have a working system and have all the info you need to get your system upgraded.

First thing you need is a new wire harness. This is something you had to make on your own earlier but now Pioneer Sweden has a plug-and-play one.

Second thing is you will need a new trim ring/radio cage. Luckily Pioneer Sweden also has a really nice one that fits like a glove.

I know these items are hard to find on any online store and they are quite expensive. Something like $450 for both including shipment to the US. If you buy them through me, I will also supply you with a set of instructions with not only how to connect everything but also how the system is configured from the factory.

Please PM me if you are interested and I can send pictures of the kit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts