SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is an AZP/Maptun stage 7 demo car!

We changed the factory seats for Sparco R333 sport seats in the front! We made several modifications to able to fitwith factory seat runner..This is the result

Attachments

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
I can fully understand this with the stock 9-3 seats. My wife has a 2009 9-3 2.0 XWD and they are the worst seats I have ever sat on in any car and I've had danged near 100 cars in almost 50 years.

Hard and flat and you sit on, not "in" them, they have no lateral support whatsoever and in hard cornering they would be a danger unless you were lashed in with a competition harness.

·
Super Moderator
9,453 Posts
I can fully understand this with the stock 9-3 seats. My wife has a 2009 9-3 2.0 XWD and they are the worst seats I have ever sat on in any car and I've had danged near 100 cars in almost 50 years.

Hard and flat and you sit on, not "in" them, they have no lateral support whatsoever and in hard cornering they would be a danger unless you were lashed in with a competition harness.
Do you like your Aero seats then?

·
Premium Member
31,228 Posts

Do you like your Aero seats then?
Agree with Tunnan. Mine OEM fronts were just like he described, 'tho I find them too soft, esp. the side 'bolsters' (oxymoron) of the seat bottoms. You sit ON these seats, not in them.

Couple weeks ago I find a very good pair of used '03 Aero/Vector seats in matching color, so I had my indie swap them. So far so good, really love having 3 memory presets again ('tho I'm the only one who drives the car, muahahaha).

Now, to the OP and anyone else who've swapped older seats into their newer cars ...... how do you disable the passenger sensor so I don't get the Airbag Malfunction See Saab Dealer message on the SID, as well as the red airbag warning light in the IP ?

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
The Aero seats are bolstered better and the only thing that annoys me is that the left side of the seat seems a bit softer than the right. Kind of annoying because you actually feel the asymmetry; a bit of an off balance feeling.

·
Premium Member
31,228 Posts
The Aero seats are bolstered better and the only thing that annoys me is that the left side of the seat seems a bit softer than the right. Kind of annoying because you actually feel the asymmetry; a bit of an off balance feeling.
Did it feel that way from brand new ? Or over time ? It'd be natural for the left bolster to get more wear & press from you getting in and out of the car.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Good point about getting in and out Ken, it was not that way at new and the car only has 32,000 miles. The bolster does not show any wear like some do, it's the actual seat surface.

And I keep my wallet in a vest or jacket pocket now, not in the left pocket of my jeans. I changed that because when you drive a lot, I used to do 300 miles a day, you put unequal pressure on your hips and it cocks the left leg.

I have never had that happen even in my high mile cars? :confused:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts