SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone delt with rear aftermarket brake pads that rattle when a bump is hit? I have been getting this noise coming from my rear wheels for the longest time and I finally got around to trying to solve the problem. I know it is my brake pads because if I have my foot on the brake pedal it will not make the noise no matter what the wheel runs over. The noise can not be reproduced when the car isnt moving and I asked my indy and he told me that after market brake pads in the rear can do this, he suggested shimming them. So my question is if anyone esle has had this problem what did you do to solve it and if you shimmed the pads did it fix it.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I had this problem in my previous car (a Primera GT) and yes a set of shims on the back kept the pads from moving and stopped the annoying rattling and knocking about.

Interestingly, i have a rattling noise from the rear of my Aero - that CAN'T be reproduced with the car stationary - I will try holding the brake to see if it is the pads (i am not sure what pads they are, never changed them, but it had Saab service history so who knows!)

Copper grease will not stop the rattling as I found out because there is too much play in the first place. Good luck!:cheesy:

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
I have EBC reds in the rear of mine, no rattles though :confused:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts