SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I just bought a 2005 Saab 9-5 and I installed an aftermarket Apple CarPlay stereo, the Sony XAVA-X1000. I used the writeup by nordwulf which was extremely helpful with the wiring. The radio works great, but the only thing the writeup lacks is how to secure the radio into the dash.

The problem with the Sony radio I bought is that even though it has a double din face, the guts of the radio are only single din size. I bought a universal double din mounting bracket, but it was too small for the opening of where the old factory radio would sit.

I took it an audio shop and the guy said he would have to custom fab something to get it to fit right which would run me around $200. I wouldn't mind doing this, but I want to see if anyone had any luck with installing the Sony X1000 radio into their Saab 9-5. Maybe I just bought the wrong double din mounting bracket?

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
250 Posts
When I installed my 2din Alpine, many moons ago, I took the original mounting frame out and put the Alpine mounting frame in. Install was easy.
I guess you have to do the same: Take the Saab mounting frame out and put the Sony mounting frame in. I guess that should do the trick.

Send from my Palm Tungsten T5

1 - 3 of 3 Posts