SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey SaabCentral, didn't know this blog existed until today - love it! Anyway, have an '07 9-3 SportCombi wagon and while the radio is still going strong (CDs!) of course I like the new technology I have in my other cars (CarPlay, Bluetooth, etc). But every store and website I go to say that there aren't any aftermarket radios that can go in this model - that can't be true, can it? Any suggestions? I've gone through multiple Bluetooth adapters over the years and I'd like to just have it all in the radio. I get that the dash is big and so is the radio but c'mon, there has to be SOME kind of solution.

Note: I know NOTHING about car stereos, I don't know anything car stereo kits or how to install anything. Not a thing. So know that going in. Thanks!

·
Registered
8,835 Posts
If you have my-07 (or newer) car, you can swap original CD/radio to aftermarket one.
For that you need adapter wiring looms and dash adapter.
You are missing service counter and clock, because original radio sends RTC to car via i-bus.

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
If you're in the US, the problem is generally that the kits needed to install are not marketed here. As a result, everyone says it's not possible. I'm looking at you Crutchfield!!!

The kits definitely exist, but you may need to look in the UK. I always screw up the name... InCarTec?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Mimmi and Jvanabra, I am in the US and know NOTHING about car stereo kits. I'll try InCarTec in the UK and keep plugging away.

·
Registered
83 Posts
glegly, I just installed an aftermarket in my '08 9-3 last month, which has the same internals / electricals as an '07. I bought an InCarTec kit off ebay from the UK for about $230 shipped, that comes with everything needed to install an aftermarket radio (which you need to buy separately, of course). I think I must've done something wrong compared to other people who've installed aftermarket radios in 07+'s, because it was not plug and play for me - I found I needed to cut off the harness that came with my radio and splice it with the corresponding wires coming from the InCarTec kit. If you are not comfortable with doing wiring or soldering, this might be a bit of an intimidating job for you - you could get a radio shop to do it, and provide them with this kit, but they'll probably charge quite a bit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts