SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what up, I am new to saab central but I have been diggin the site for a while. This is my first post so if i sound like a broken record please bear with me. I do not yet own a saab but i am about to buy an 03' 9-3 aero 6 speed. After i get my new whip i deff want to get some aftermarket/performance parts. I was looking at some intakes and blow off valves as being my first upgrades. If any of you that have been around saabs longer than i have or have these parts yourself , please let me know what your suggestions are for some starter parts, ( brand and price ) The aero I want is 15,000 with 44 k mi. On it if that sound about right please let me know...

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
This will probably get moved to the Performance section. First I will tell you to search because these things have all been brought up 10988642387 times. That's for future reference. Now some quick answers.

BOV- don't waste your time, for US spec cars nobody has been able to get a BOV to work without the Check Engine Light going off or car going into limp mode.

Intakes- You have BSR and Simota as the two major players. They don't provide any performance gains and you will be better off just installing a new drop in filter. You can also make your own intake much cheaper than you can buying one and it's much cheaper. It's not hard at all if you know your way around a car a little.

·
Registered
396 Posts
From my limited research, apparently the stock SAAB filter is the best performing panel filter on the market...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts