SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone make an aftermarket leather conversion kit for the 9-2x aero yet? Do kits for the WRX work fine for our cars?

I just ordered a 9-2x this morning but opted against the premium package. I was thinking of doing a conversion instead. The main reason I'm interested in leather was that my dog's hair wouldn't stick to it but I didn't see spending $1700 for the premium package just for that :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
If you're patient...

...my guess is some kid tuners will remove the leather packages, and opt for aftermarket seats.

I'd wait for a few more months, and keep looking on thE bay.

If you're lucky, a set of Sti leather front and rear seats should show eventually.

///M

·
Registered
2 Posts
just got my new 9-2x Aero, 5speed. My dealer said none were available with all 3 packages so I opted for aftermarket leather and no Xenon's. My dealer had an upholstery shop they already worked with who said they could do it. What the upholstery place did was purchase a leather kit for the 9-2x from Katzkin Leather Interior's Inc (www.katzkin.com). The kit included all the seats and the door inserts. I was able to pick my colors and customize a bit so I did Graphite leather with perforated centers. I think it looks a lot better than the factory leather, it almost matches the interior perfectly. Side airbags should still work fine and the heated seats still work well.

You could purchase a kit yourself, but you'll need to remove the seats and door panels to install the leather. Plus you'll need some special tools, knowledge and from what I heard from the dealer, the door inserts are just pieces of leather for you to custom install. I was leary of aftermarket leather but I'm very happy with it so I'd recommend it. Your dealer should have some upholstery shops they regularly work with that can do the install and customization. Katzkin creates the seat covers when they are ordered adn does the perforation too so you can't return them if you're not happy. I'll post some picks later. I paid $1300 for the leather, which is what the dealer was charged by the upholstery installer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've seen aftermarket leather kits for the 9-2x for about $500 if you can install them yourself. They also have leather with suede inserts for about $600. I dont' remember exactly where to get them, but my friend had his seats done, so I will get back to you on that.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yeah, That's what they are installing. My price is an as installed price. I looked into doing it myself, but I understand that the bit on the door is very difficult. Plus this way the installation is warranteed.

·
Registered
14 Posts
athakur999 said:
I didn't see spending $1700 for the premium package just for that :D
Well I have the premium package on mine.

Think of it this way:
Adjustable OEM Xenon (legal, correct beam pattern) - STi headlight price Average: $800-$1000
Leather: $800 including door cards being leather too and OEM

Seems like $1600 is a fair option price :) when you could even put it into your financing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts