SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen aftermarket knock-off being sold on eBay. Has anyone gone this route and can feedback on how they are?

Part number 12803972

·
Registered
653 Posts
Dorman makes the hood sprayers for the windshield......we're talking about the headlight sprayers in the bumper cover. Not a problem finding them.....just wondering if they work.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I bought some from aliexpress. Beware I fit them to the existing standoffs and the standoffs cracked after a month or two. I later discovered the shape of the aliexpress nozzle is subtly different, stressing the existing standoffs. The aliexpress nozzles did come with their own standoffs but one would have to paint them as they are unfinished black plastic.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I bought some from aliexpress. Beware I fit them to the existing standoffs and the standoffs cracked after a month or two. I later discovered the shape of the aliexpress nozzle is subtly different, stressing the existing standoffs. The aliexpress nozzles did come with their own standoffs but one would have to paint them as they are unfinished black plastic.
Do you think it could be dressed up with a file and sandpaper so that it doesn't stress it out as much or a total no go? Sounds like its time to look int he junkyard.

·
Registered
116 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Can you point me to the area where you felt like it needed to be filed or are these a different version? I'm not seeing any difference at all......I wonder if you got a different version or they redid the design. It looks like they made exact molds of the plastic to me.

·
Registered
116 Posts
It's a very subtle difference on the "rounded rectangular shape" where the actual nozzles are. It does not prevent them from fitting in the existing plastic standoffs, but will stress them just enough to crack them after some time. At least on mine; of course I have no idea if they changed them, but the pics look like they are the same. Use a mic or vernier to check across and compare with oem especially at the mold line at the long side.

·
Registered
653 Posts
According to my house vernier (cheap plastic but good enough and saves me from going to the garage). Here are the top dimensions:

OEM
Length: 29.5mm
Width: 14.6mm

Chinatown:
Length: 29.5mm
Width: 14.4mm

Seem right to me and straight edged. Alternate theory: they are made to the correct dimensions but out of such a low grade POM plastic that they expand in the sun and cracked it that way? I'm hoping for a new design or better plastic and am rolling with it.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1 - 13 of 13 Posts