SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

New to this website. This morning I purchases a 96 900s 2.3l. I love it. First 5 spd tranny car so of course I've been practiciing on it all day.

Anyways...
the only thing wrong with the car at the time of purchase is that the radio doesn't work. The power atennena goes up and down with the push of the power button but nothing else happens.

So I guess the deck is no good. So I have an extra cd player that I want to put in the car.

So I went to wal-mart to look for a wiring harness and a kit, and No saab :cry:.

What can I do now? Anything compatible? Also if this is a repost I appologize. I tried the search function but couldn't find anything.

Looking forward to getting to meet a few of you.

Thanks
-Steve

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
You'll want to get acquainted with the 9-3/NG900 (NG = New Generation) board. 1979 - 1993 = Classic 900, 1994 and newer = New Generation 900.

If an adapter exists, it will be available on http://www.crutchfield.com. I've never seen one. Pretty much manual rewiring is the way around here.

Welcome to Saab Central.

·
Registered
633 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Keep on your mind that you can find specific wirings for most of the models on market. I found one for my Sony, on one end is a plug that fits on headunit and on the other are two ISO connectors to plug on the car. Nothing cleaner than that, no wires, no isolation tape or soldering, simply two clicks! Mine is made by DIETZ (www.dietz.biz) and I saw they are makind adapters for Kenwood/Pioneer/Sony/Alpine... to ISO. Far more elegant solution.

·
Registered
10,325 Posts
Since ISO connectors aren't common in the US, just look for a VW wiring harness. They'll fit fine, and Wal-Mart should carry one of those.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts