SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know of a good place to install a boost guage? i really want to install one but dont really car to have the pods on my A pillar!

·
Registered
164 Posts
I've been wondering this myself!

If you're not fully loaded on options, if you could find a gauge small enough you could pop-out one of the button-covers and use that hole.

Not many options that I've found though. Would be awesome if you could modify the stock instrument cluster and put one in there.

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
I use my Cell Phone, I miss the gauge on the dash so much I changed my Speedo; so the gauge is there but it don't work so if I need to see the boost I use my phone with the torque android app.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hey Saaber, what do you use to get the data from the car to the phone? Is there an ODB2 -> microUSB cable or something? a search didn't reveal anything.

Edit: So it's bluetooth eh?
MobilScan
Scan tool with free android app.

And Kiwi Bluetooth
Scan tool that I'd mate up to Torque app for Android.

Anyone else have any opinions or suggestions on these?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Just purchased it!
for anyone who wants it.
going to buy torque, I'll post up how well it works this weekend if it comes in time.

Also, did you relocate your ODBII port to that hole, or did it come stock like that? My 9-5 has the hole there, but no plug! (Plug is in stock position)

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
Yeah, I relocated it with a 12" extension; I added a link to the SC Thread; quite a few have it (torque) and there're happy with it. I play with it all the time.

Also, did you relocate your ODBII port to that hole, or did it come stock like that? My 9-5 has the hole there, but no plug! (Plug is in stock position)

·
Registered
164 Posts
how horrible was that job? Seems like a great place for it, looks like it belonged there! Edit: Stupid question, just pulled off that bottom dash plate, looks super simple! Ordered a y connector cable tonight so I can retain stock position as well as the new one.

I was also thinking about locating a GPS tracker in that cavity as well ($8 a month low-jack can't be beat)... Any handy AC power adapter cables/wires in that area? Would be a great place to put the GPS for signal and servicing as well.

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
Not hard to do at all; when you remove the kick panel you have plenty of room to work with I just tie wrapped the OEM plug and left enough slack to make it work. That's a good idea about the GPS; remember you have the space on the other end of the dash too, so you can use both sides. I would just use the rear lighter socket for an AC adaptor you do have some hot wire's on the fuse box. I use the one you see in the picture (switched) for my radar detector.

how horrible was that job? Seems like a great place for it, looks like it belonged there!

I was also thinking about locating a GPS tracker in that cavity as well ($8 a month low-jack can't be beat)... Any handy AC power adapter cables/wires in that area? Would be a great place to put the GPS for signal and servicing as well.

·
Registered
453 Posts
anyone know of a good place to install a boost guage? i really want to install one but dont really car to have the pods on my A pillar!
I cut a hole in the dash and put mine there. The angle is a bit funny for some people, but I can see it generally fine through the lower portion of the steering wheel.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts