How it sits lid and pan notched out, existing hole in lid used for wires

Pan trimmed out for the strainer

Stealth 340 pump

this is the strainer i used, lifetime warranty

Assembled

pressure connection

pump connection

sitting in the pan strainer attached

with this mod i have noticed QUITE a large difference in pulling power near top end VS the walbro 255. and it way out flows the 255.

See less See more
#5 ·
all done.

pressure connection
I recently replaced my pump with a 255.

How did you find this connection with the 7.9mm hose. Was it a bit sloppy and the clamp took up the slop.?

I found that 6.4mm hose was a nice fit. But good luck finding 6.4mm submersible hose.At the mo I have installed regular 6.4mm high pressure fuel line., but I am going to change it to the proper submersible hose ASAP.

I was hesitant to install the bigger 8.0mm hose fearing the slop would be to much.

How was yours ?

#7 ·
the clamps are high pressure fuel injection clamps. the way i made it fit was by cutting the hard plastic hose right at the barb. since the hose is ribbed from the barb it holds the other on and the clap holds them both tight. the hose is high pressure fuel injection hose. they said its submersible. but we will see.

other mods (since the 2.0 is back in while the 2.3 is being built back up) : Garrett GT35r running about 18-25psi depending on how the MBC feels. external 38mm tial vband WG, 3inch full exhaust no cat, stage 4 ecu, stock injectors;oops: (im sure im maxing them out) tial Q bov, large front mount, 2.5 inch IC pipe. AC delete, power steering delete. etc etc.

ill get you a voltage reading when i get her out again. prolly in a day or 2.

#9 ·
the clamps are high pressure fuel injection clamps. the way i made it fit was by cutting the hard plastic hose right at the barb. since the hose is ribbed from the barb it holds the other on and the clap holds them both tight. .
Yeah, that's the part I goofed up. I cut all the hose off, exposing the barb.
I've been told by some guys that high presure fuel line will be ok , submerged.
But I'm not so sure. I've got an experiment in the garage. I cut a small piece of the fuel line and put it in a glass jar full of petrol to see how long it lasts.

#8 ·
PLEASE post a high quality (audio) video of your blow off valve going off. I wanted to buy one so bad when doing my build but didn't have the money. I just wanna know if it sounds as good on a Saab as it does on other large turbo vehicles.

#21 ·
Hey I know it's been 4 years but I saw this post and I just bought this pump to put in 1999 9-3 and was wondering if you could repost a link to pictures or re up?

Did you open up basket to use aftermarket filter sock or fit the pump to stock basket

Thanks and any info you have is appreciated

#24 ·
ok thanks

good to hear others are using, did anyone rewire with recommended 10 awg?

I think I am going to put some holes in original bucket as the stock one has no holes at all. then fit pump to stock strainer.

anyone know if the pump power is pwm? was going to use stock wiring to relay for 10 gauge but if pwm don`t know if it will work

yeah I think some minor massaging of the strainer basket is necessary

thanks for any opinions or advice ;ol;

Glen

#25 ·
I do know we in the RX-7 community had issues with the hose that came with the 340 stealth, deteriorating fast. So we do not use the supplied hose and use submersible fuel high pressure fuel inj. hose of the same size.

#27 ·
sorry to revive a dead thread, but has anyone done this recently?

Looking on adding it to my 1999 og-93
already have the pump and the original stuff, just unsure how to use the connector? Should i just cut the power and ground then tie it all in?

Any pictures would be greatly appreciated.

Currently running a stage 3 tune and can't boost when at a 1/4 tank or anything under, i get massive fuel cuts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.