How it sits lid and pan notched out, existing hole in lid used for wires

Pan trimmed out for the strainer

Stealth 340 pump

this is the strainer i used, lifetime warranty

Assembled

pressure connection

pump connection

sitting in the pan strainer attached

with this mod i have noticed QUITE a large difference in pulling power near top end VS the walbro 255. and it way out flows the 255.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
started to lean out around 6500. not lean 12-13's wot under load but getting 10-11's from 4000-6000.

·
Registered
88 Posts
What mods do you have that you are leaning out at the top end? I'm curious and also what clamps are those you used on the tubing?

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
all done.

pressure connection
I recently replaced my pump with a 255.

How did you find this connection with the 7.9mm hose. Was it a bit sloppy and the clamp took up the slop.?

I found that 6.4mm hose was a nice fit. But good luck finding 6.4mm submersible hose.At the mo I have installed regular 6.4mm high pressure fuel line., but I am going to change it to the proper submersible hose ASAP.

I was hesitant to install the bigger 8.0mm hose fearing the slop would be to much.

How was yours ?

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
can you do me a favor and measure the voltage that the pump is seeing through the rev range?

the aeromotive did not do well in the latest tests ive seen.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the clamps are high pressure fuel injection clamps. the way i made it fit was by cutting the hard plastic hose right at the barb. since the hose is ribbed from the barb it holds the other on and the clap holds them both tight. the hose is high pressure fuel injection hose. they said its submersible. but we will see.

other mods (since the 2.0 is back in while the 2.3 is being built back up) : Garrett GT35r running about 18-25psi depending on how the MBC feels. external 38mm tial vband WG, 3inch full exhaust no cat, stage 4 ecu, stock injectors;oops: (im sure im maxing them out) tial Q bov, large front mount, 2.5 inch IC pipe. AC delete, power steering delete. etc etc.

ill get you a voltage reading when i get her out again. prolly in a day or 2.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
PLEASE post a high quality (audio) video of your blow off valve going off. I wanted to buy one so bad when doing my build but didn't have the money. I just wanna know if it sounds as good on a Saab as it does on other large turbo vehicles.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
the clamps are high pressure fuel injection clamps. the way i made it fit was by cutting the hard plastic hose right at the barb. since the hose is ribbed from the barb it holds the other on and the clap holds them both tight. .
Yeah, that's the part I goofed up. I cut all the hose off, exposing the barb.
I've been told by some guys that high presure fuel line will be ok , submerged.
But I'm not so sure. I've got an experiment in the garage. I cut a small piece of the fuel line and put it in a glass jar full of petrol to see how long it lasts.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Not too long. I did the same thing first time around and within two months the thing had ballooned. Remember, the pressure is way different than a mason jar on your workbench.
-Cm

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
PLEASE post a high quality (audio) video of your blow off valve going off. I wanted to buy one so bad when doing my build but didn't have the money. I just wanna know if it sounds as good on a Saab as it does on other large turbo vehicles.
it sounds pretty nasty. ill get a video when I have an actual finished exhaust. currently I'm at the rear wheel well. can't quite get 3inch to fit nicely above the swing axel. so brings me to the next question. anyone got the over the axel bend in 3 inch

·
Registered
387 Posts
it sounds pretty nasty. ill get a video when I have an actual finished exhaust. currently I'm at the rear wheel well. can't quite get 3inch to fit nicely above the swing axel. so brings me to the next question. anyone got the over the axel bend in 3 inch
I do, I didn't do it myself but I'll take some pictures of it when I get a chance. The guy I had do my exhaust told me the 3" fit better then the factory.

·
Registered
387 Posts

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

hope that helps. it seems theres alittle more room since a pipe bender was used, not sure how your doing yours though. let me know if you need any other angles, the car is still on ramps right now.

oh yeah, and dont mind the rust and corrosion:roll:

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
is your car lowered?

·
Registered
198 Posts
All four inlet positions will work. I bought 11140 because the inlet is the biggest and has a screen to stop any large pieces of rubber that may deteriorate over time from the rubber isolator.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts