SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought that maybe some of you might be interested in seeing this.
If you can't buy one, you have to make one, right? A scaled down version of the Aero-X for me is a challenge to learn how to create something like the Aero-X which I can have in a living room. Sadly i don't have any drawing of the real car so to make it, I had to use just photos in the Internet. Thats why it's not an exact replica but a "look alike". ;oops:
These are basically most recent photos that I have. Oh, and the scale is 1/6.

For those who whant to read more, theres this blog a have: http://aero-academy.blogspot.com/

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Some small updates.
The wheels are done.
The tires are fabricated but need painting.
380mm Carbon Ceramic discs and 8 piston calipers: DONE
And some little accessories like front air intakes next to the headlights and exhaust pipe are being made.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Long time no see, but time has always been the main issue for me when building this model. Anyway, just recently I finished and dry fitted the exhaust pipes tip.

By the way, does anybody know the paint code for the white (ice white pearl) Saab 9-4X? bacause I've heard from somewhere that the paint used for Aero-X was the same as for 9-4X.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
20,065 Posts
Long time no see, but time has always been the main issue for me when building this model. Anyway, just recently I finished and dry fitted the exhaust pipes tip.

By the way, does anybody know the paint code for the white (ice white pearl) Saab 9-4X? bacause I've heard from somewhere that the paint used for Aero-X was the same as for 9-4X.
The paint code for White Pearl is 330.

You have great talent there. Looks fantastic!

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
I agree, very nice work! What did you make the wheels out of?
I didn't know there even was a 1/43 scale, any idea where to get one?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What did you make the wheels out of?
The wheels were the greatest challenge, but happily I managed to figure out how to make them. The wheels are made out of a simple plastic sheet. The spokes were a matter of cutting, bending, filing and sanding. Then attaching them one by to the hub and then to the rim ring. Each wheel took about 30 work hours to make from start to finish.

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
The wheels were the greatest challenge, but happily I managed to figure out how to make them. The wheels are made out of a simple plastic sheet. The spokes were a matter of cutting, bending, filing and sanding. Then attaching them one by to the hub and then to the rim ring. Each wheel took about 30 work hours to make from start to finish.
Well done, I would have thought you machined them from aluminum.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Talent ?
YES, and in spades
Wish I could do these things - other than dreaming...
Of course, she may cost $100 to 200K when finished ...
But, what an accomplishment;ol;

1 - 20 of 21 Posts