SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, I'm rather new to Saab, and I did a search to see the thousand and one wheel / tire threads. So I am ready to catch the flaming spears thrown my way, but here we go...

I have an Aero, standard wheels of 17"
I am looking for some wheels / tires for the couple months of winter we have here each year.

A local guy has 4 - Sport Edition F2 wheels mounted with new 215/55/16 Bridgestone Blizzak winter tires he bought and needs to sell (no return option and bought the wrong bolt pattern). He is asking $350 to get them out of his garage as they have been there for a year while he stewed. - I think he will take $300

Though the wheel/tires are the right spec for the Linear, one of my friends say the 16" won't fit due to the larger brakes that came on my Aero.

Can anyone confirm they won't fit or should I jump on this deal?

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
If the bolt pattern is 5x110 and they're 16" rims they *should* fit. You can put any Saab 16" wheel on an Aero and clear the brakes (by about 1/4" inch) but I don't want to tell you these will definitely fit because there could be a slight variation in the inside diameter of these aftermarket wheels. The best thing to do would be to go to the guys house and swap one onto one of the front wheels of your car.

·
Registered
318 Posts
safest thing to do is try one on the FRONT. don't just mount it, drive around the block with it. 16" is a recommended winter wheel size for Aero's but they don't all fit. I had a set of 16" MB alloy's that were promised to fit by DiscountTireDirect. They did fit when I mounted them but as soon as I got it off the jack stands and released the brakes the inside of the wheel started binding against the caliper. My local discounttire store traded them for me.

$300 is a steal if the tires have any good life left in them

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.