SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!
Looking at getting a set of KMC wheels off Ebay because they are a steal, i just put on a set of yokohama advan 225/45/R17s on my stock 05 Aero Wheels, but i dont know too much about tires and wheel offsets so time to learn.
Would these fit or do i need different tires to fit the offset?
Before you say it i didnt plan to put any new wheels i was gonna get my Stock wheels repainted gold on but i saw these last night...

Link here

Thank ya kindly

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oe wheel Offset ET42,bolt pattern 5x110..
Ok yeah so i figured most of it out by now...the offset was throwing me off...
So now i ask, would going from a 42mm to 38mm offset cause any rubs or fitment issues?

Thanks for your help man its much appreciated...is your name Jonathan too lol?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats dope found all the info i needed, thanks fellas. Will post when i get the, $661 for a set aint bad. Ebay beat tire rack for the same wheel and set of 4!

·
Registered
2006 Saab 9-3 Aero Sportcombi
4 Posts
The only thing with those wheels, is according to the ebay listing their bolt pattern is 5x112 which means you'd have to run wobble bolts and the center bore of the wheel is slightly larger than the stock 65.1 mm at 66.58. Both of these might cause slight vibrations if left using the stock bolts and not using hub centric rings.

·
Registered
4 Posts
There are listings for the same KMC wheels with a 5x110 bolt pattern instead but you should still run hub centric rings if you pick them up. Happy hunting!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah i actually did find the right bolt pattern etc. after some heavy searching on the 'Bay last night....

i think i will pull the trigger on them they're $661 and I think thats fair, may wait a few weeks as i am waiting to go back to work and want to sit on my cash reserves in case COVID19 forces us into quarantine part 2!

they will look sharp, the same set are on Tire Rack and i was able to view them on the car! Thanks for all your help fellas! The hub centric rings will definitely be an added help!

Will post when i get them

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'd love to see them because I almost pulled the trigger on the 18s myself! I went with replica Alfa Romeo wheels instead and I'm impatiently waiting for tires now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts