SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, is there any difference between the 9-3 aero and 9-3 viggen bumpers and skirts? I've picked up a Viggen front bumper and now found a 9-3 Aero rear bumper, which looks very similar to the Viggen bumper, is there any real difference between the two?

Also are the side skirts sold by PFS and the other place the equivient of Aero side skirts, or Viggen or not either?

Just Viggenizing my 900 at the moment but can't decide on the Viggen spoiler or stock spoiler + EVO wing as the last addition:confused:

·
Registered
834 Posts
9-3 Aero (2001- 2002) kit is exactly the same as what was found on the Viggen... at least down here in Australia and I assume in the UK too. Rear, front and side parts are the same.

Aero spoiler is pretty sweet too and IMO better than the Viggen rear spoiler!

good luck!

sab

·
Registered
10,400 Posts
The side skirts that Parts for Saabs sells are the ones that came on the Aero for the first couple of years and on the SE in the US. They're different than the Viggen skirts and the later Aero ones, but a fraction of the price. I have them on my NG900 with Viggen front and rear bumpers, and they actually look pretty good. They're not quite as deep, but have more of a flare and little curve to them.

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Where can I aquire viggen/aero bumpers/sideskirts?
Ebay is your friend, for bumpers atleast, hav'nt seen any skirts come up yet so maybe have to get them new.

Are the 9-3, Aero and Viggen fog lights all the same?

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Si said:
Are the 9-3, Aero and Viggen fog lights all the same?
I believe that the Aero and Viggen lights are the same, the 9-3 fogs are a little too small (widthways I believe!) as are the 900 fogs...

I'm planning on reinstalling my 900 fogs and maybe meshing the rest of the hole, or adding something trick - haven't decided yet!

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Maybe i'll give that a go to save myself another £100! Might stretch to getting the plastic grills and see'ing if you could cut them up and mount the foggies that way.

·
Registered
10,400 Posts
StormCrow said:
I believe that the Aero and Viggen lights are the same, the 9-3 fogs are a little too small (widthways I believe!) as are the 900 fogs...
Aero, Viggen, 9-3, and even 9-5 fog lights are all the same. 900 fog lights are definitely too small, and mount much differently.

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
I've seen Viggen / Aero side skirts several times on ebay UK so they're not that rare. Just wait a couple of weeks and eventually some will come up.

if you're in a hurry, contact salvogroup or http://www.neobrothers.co.uk/ (neobrothers23 on ebay) but be prepared to pay more than auction.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
The stock spoilers and skirts do look a bit dated on the NG - a bit sucked in at the bottom. Are the bumpers just single bolt-on items or does the inner part need changing? I think the Viggen bumper is a bit too fat but the standard 9-3 style will bring it up to date a bit.

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
Viggen_93 said:
http://www.vandsautodismantlers.com

does this website lets u buy the parts off the car? i can use that a viggen spoiler ?
Yes they do. I bought the Viggen spoiler off this one :cool:
http://www.vandsautodismantlers.com/new_arrivals/050473.html

I also got the side skirts from them too but from a diffrent car (4 door) ;)

And I found a Viggen for sale on saabnet.com in the 9-3 section. It's wrecked and is for sale at $2500 if anybody is interested. The damage doesn't look bad in the picture but I think it is!

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Shironzina, you need the plastic undertray to go with the 93 front bumper, i've got one and did a test fit a few weeks ago, looks alot nicer than the stock 900 bumpers.

If you cant get the undertray you could join the 900 one to the bumper using a sheet of thin ABS plastic cut to the right shape.

The bumper bar is the same on 900/9-3 bumpers so you can just swap the skins.

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
Si said:
Shironzina, you need the plastic undertray to go with the 93 front bumper, i've got one and did a test fit a few weeks ago, looks alot nicer than the stock 900 bumpers.

If you cant get the undertray you could join the 900 one to the bumper using a sheet of thin ABS plastic cut to the right shape.

The bumper bar is the same on 900/9-3 bumpers so you can just swap the skins.
I don't like the 9-3 bumper. The opening for the intercooler is a lot smaller than that of the ng900's. Looks wise, the 9-3's bumper looks sleeker and more modern but isn't good enough for the intercooler

·
Banned
635 Posts
hkayssi said:
Yes they do. I bought the Viggen spoiler off this one :cool:
http://www.vandsautodismantlers.com/new_arrivals/050473.html

I also got the side skirts from them too but from a diffrent car (4 door) ;)

And I found a Viggen for sale on saabnet.com in the 9-3 section. It's wrecked and is for sale at $2500 if anybody is interested. The damage doesn't look bad in the picture but I think it is!

how much did you get the viggen spoiler for?

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
Viggen_93 said:
how much did you get the viggen spoiler for?
If you live in the US, expect to pay $300 + $45 or so for shipping.

I live in Canada so shipping was very expensive and I had to pay duty and $75 in UPS brokerage fees on top of all that :nono; :x . That spoiler cost me in excess of $600 :cry:

I got the second one for $250 (+ shipping obviously) but it wasn't perfect so they lowered the price a bit A small crack on the corner of the lower part

1 - 17 of 17 Posts