SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone, i just wanted to know the difference between a regular model saab and an aero model? is it ashetics difference, performance????
let me know..thanks
fabs

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
hi everyone, i just wanted to know the difference between a regular model saab and an aero model? is it ashetics difference, performance????
let me know..thanks
fabs
All aeros have the lower suspension (10mm) sport seats,body kit and larger wheels, the 2003-2005 aeros had 210hp versions of the 4cyl, the 2006-2009 models gained a v6 turbo and in 2008 they introduced awd on turbox and as a package for aero, in 2010 the v6 was dropped and aeros and non aeros differed only in suspension

·
Registered
34 Posts
while I am still a new member to the forum, just search it. even google will tell you. Main difference is newer aero = V6, "non aero" = 4cyl.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
while I am still a new member to the forum, just search it. even google will tell you. Main difference is newer aero = V6, "non aero" = 4cyl.
This isn't entirely true but yes, OP do a google or forum search... answers are incredibly easy to find.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi guys, thanks for your replies..
So if the aero has a more sportier suspension..would this be recommended for bad, pot-hole ridden roads like we have here? or is it better the base model..in your opinion...
thanks
fabs

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Better seats on Aero. I don't think the suspension itself would be a liability on weather stressed roads, but the front spoiler is lower.

You can go to MSNAutoCompare to see the differnences by trim and model year.

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
So if the aero has a more sportier suspension..would this be recommended for bad, pot-hole ridden roads like we have here? or is it better the base model..in your opinion...
thanks
fabs
The Aero suspension is a nightmare on really bad roads!!! You'll be screwing your teeth back in after a long ride on the roads you're describing. I drove an Aero and an Arc when buying and went with the Arc based on the more comfy ride. Plus if your not gonna be driving like a race car driver, the Arc suspension handles pretty good.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
The Aero suspension is a nightmare on really bad roads!!! You'll be screwing your teeth back in after a long ride on the roads you're describing. I drove an Aero and an Arc when buying and went with the Arc based on the more comfy ride. Plus if your not gonna be driving like a race car driver, the Arc suspension handles pretty good.
My 2010 aero handles Michigan roads just fine, and I bet we have the worst in the US. Large pot holes are not fun, but I have no issues with it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I live in Quebec as does the OP and my 2006 Aero has no difficulties coping with the roads here. I don't find the ride harsh at all.

·
Registered
636 Posts
My 2010 aero handles Michigan roads just fine, and I bet we have the worst in the US. Large pot holes are not fun, but I have no issues with it.
I'd have to second this. The only time I've had problems are on really poorly maintained backroads, as in so bad you slow down to half the speed limit because the car does so much side-to-side rocking over the surface. :eek:

·
Registered
77 Posts
thanks
fabs
On those roads, I would stay with the standard suspension. I recently moved my Saab (with standard suspension) from California which has reasonable roads to Guadalajara Mexico, where the roads are as you have described. On these roads I am less inclined to drive as fast and hard as I would in Ca. Driving here is more of an exercise in suspension survival. Do yourself a favor and stay with the base model suspension.

·
Premium Member
31,228 Posts
thanks
fabs
But when you hit all the pedestrians in Montreal, the stiffer Aero suspension would result in less up & down bobbing of the car ;)

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Living in a city that gets lots of snow, I would search out a late 2008 Aero. You get the bang of the 280 Turbo X engine, XWD and a much better handling car than a base. If you are looking for a serious snow-go rig, go light truck, but AWD/XWD is a plus.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2009 9-5 vs. 2009 9-5 Aero?

Hi guys,

I'm new around here but I'm about to pull the trigger on a 2009 9-5 and was curious about the difference between the 4 door sedan with 2.3T and the Aero? Another person posted that the Aero had a V6 but I'm only seeing the 2.3T Aero and haven't seen one with a V6 for 2009. The biggest difference that I can see is the obvious sport suspension and better seats. Am I missing something? Thanks ion advance for your advice guys, greatly appreciate it!

·
Super Moderator
20,436 Posts
Hi guys,

I'm new around here but I'm about to pull the trigger on a 2009 9-5 and was curious about the difference between the 4 door sedan with 2.3T and the Aero? Another person posted that the Aero had a V6 but I'm only seeing the 2.3T Aero and haven't seen one with a V6 for 2009. The biggest difference that I can see is the obvious sport suspension and better seats. Am I missing something? Thanks ion advance for your advice guys, greatly appreciate it!
This is the 9-3 forum.....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts