SaabCentral Forums banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
Get a set of Toyo R1's, get them warm and see how much difference it makes, probably about the best thing you can do to improve grip (all though not in this weather!), the c900 that blew me away at combe was running either R1's or R888's and they were litterally melting after a 15min session, not looking forward to investing in them as they over £100 a corner but i've got to get some before next April when i'll be at Combe again.

·
Registered
933 Posts
mfyoung said:
scared?

scared is when i was 17 and decided that i didn't need new floorpans on the 914 i used to have, and went 130, there shouldn't be a breeze coming from the bottom of the car! no to mention i went over a gentle dip and my seat drop about a half inch! Yeah i welded in the new pans when i got home that night

sadly 6 months later she decided to drop a vavle, and turned into a bigger mess than the iraq war...ohhhh

that 2.4 was expensive too
Not to nitpick but you can't get a 914 to do 130 unless you have done lots of work, plus they were offerd in 1.7 1.8 and 2.0. Even the 914/6 was 2.0 but a six. Did you run a 911S engine in the thing? That would have given you the displacement and power you are talking about. 190 bhp.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
I don't have any grip problems with my ZZ3's - cornering speed is limited by my ability to stay in the seats with their limited lateral support.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Mine's like that too with the konis on :D

I find I'm holding the wheel hard to stop me rolling about. Need shoulder and hip wings on the seat and a 5-point harness!

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
+3 on that, I really have to hang on to the wheel, and plant my left foot into the ground so I don't swing outta my chair.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Corn Cob said:
Not to nitpick but you can't get a 914 to do 130 unless you have done lots of work, plus they were offerd in 1.7 1.8 and 2.0. Even the 914/6 was 2.0 but a six. Did you run a 911S engine in the thing? That would have given you the displacement and power you are talking about. 190 bhp.
no its was still the type iv motor, but a big four as there called, which is the 2.4 i built is a type iv motor, with chevy 350 rods, cutsom crank, and a big bore kit, at first I was making 140ish hp with my single carb setup, than i got a dual carb, and a header for it, and she put down about 160 to the wheels

My gauge was reading 130, my buddys rx7 was reading 137 he said, I've always taken the lower of the two readings lol, we might or might not have been racing

·
Registered
933 Posts
Shame you don't have the car anymore I have always been quite fond of them. But what I really want is a 968, in guards red with the M030 suspension. Drool.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts