SaabCentral Forums banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Nordic rate my ECU at 260bhp/280Lbs/ft with just an airfilter upgrade (yeah right:roll: ) and 2.5" ex with sports CAT. I've also got a big X-flow IC and 3" ex so who knows what the actual power is - too much is what I say:eek:

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Shirozina said:
Nordic rate my ECU at 260bhp/280Lbs/ft with just an airfilter upgrade (yeah right:roll: ) and 2.5" ex with sports CAT. I've also got a big X-flow IC and 3" ex so who knows what the actual power is - too much is what I say:eek:
I think the power is ok, just cant get it down so to speak..... I'll get slated, but.... I think I enjoyed driving the Scoob hard over (dare I say it...) my Aero :eek:;oops:

·
Registered
771 Posts
I've never been found of the subaru's, they feel heavy, a twisty road race is all about whos driving not what there driving

Hell i took down a 04 m3 in the twisties in my old 90 rx7, he had all the power in the world, but the fact is I had more seat time in that car on a track, and I know that road like the back of my hand. In the straights he pulled on me like i was standing still, but i could shake him off me on any turn I wished too

and I now have more seat time behind my saab, so i think even with the saab i could shake him today

last time i auto-x the saab with the pca i placed mid pack with the boxster, but unfortunatly i was still on touring tires at the time, and the lack of grip was incredible. I was so surprised i wasn't at the bottom of the list when i did my laps.

I don't really mind the stock saab handling, more body sway than i like, but the car has a tendency to counter oversteer really really well, and that plays to my advantage, and now with the stiffer rear sway, and unbolt front sway, track in is nice

·
Registered
933 Posts
Taking off is retarded, you can't even give it half throttle or you roll the tires. That is with an MBC and stage three hardware. But good golly when it hooks up get out of the way! I can't imagine what it is like with you guys with big money rigs. I am trying to get the money together for one of Jak's tunes with W/M injection. Then my car will really scare me, I like to be scared.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Corn Cob said:
Taking off is retarded, you can't even give it half throttle or you roll the tires. That is with an MBC and stage three hardware. But good golly when it hooks up get out of the way! I can't imagine what it is like with you guys with big money rigs. I am trying to get the money together for one of Jak's tunes with W/M injection. Then my car will really scare me, I like to be scared.
scared?

scared is when i was 17 and decided that i didn't need new floorpans on the 914 i used to have, and went 130, there shouldn't be a breeze coming from the bottom of the car! no to mention i went over a gentle dip and my seat drop about a half inch! Yeah i welded in the new pans when i got home that night

sadly 6 months later she decided to drop a vavle, and turned into a bigger mess than the iraq war...ohhhh

that 2.4 was expensive too

·
Registered
771 Posts
9-3sleeper said:
I love when my car makes me feel like it has some of the control, its like its alive. Thats what its all about to me.
unless i'm on the track the saabs never done that. I've only driven two cars in my life that under normal driving conditions made my heart beat, and they were both porsches a 93 911RSA, and my 914.

I dd my 914 for a month too, and everytime i got outta the damn car my heart was beating fast, half cuz i expected it to break down, and half cuz its just a rush to drive it

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
It usually happens when I take a corner real tight and fast, but mostly when Im snow drifting and I get just a .5 sec away from losing it.

·
Registered
771 Posts
9-3sleeper said:
It usually happens when I take a corner real tight and fast, but mostly when Im snow drifting and I get just a .5 sec away from losing it.
if you ever get the chance to drive a classic 911 you'll understand that feeling, theres nothing like a porsche, no matter how much i love saabs, they will never have what a porsche can give you

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
When I have the money to buy a high end car, I will put it down in black and white right now that I will buy a porsche. I will always love Saabs, maybe because they were my first car, maybe because when m mother was pregnant and got in an accident, it was that nice beefy saab she was in that kept me from being born retarded (or at least not all that retarded).

However I've loved the look of a porsche since I first liked cars, which was when I first knew what they were.

·
Registered
771 Posts
9-3sleeper said:
When I have the money to buy a high end car, I will put it down in black and white right now that I will buy a porsche. I will always love Saabs, maybe because they were my first car, maybe because when m mother was pregnant and got in an accident, it was that nice beefy saab she was in that kept me from being born retarded (or at least not all that retarded).

However I've loved the look of a porsche since I first liked cars, which was when I knew what they were.
my mom's neighbor actually trust me with his 1 of 720 93 911 rsa, idk if hes stupid, or I'm just a really good driver, but that car is so just such a better driver than almost anyone I've met

its the one car i've really driven hard thats scared me bad, and thats really saying something, I've driven a almost 500awhp dsm before, and with 200 less hp that 911 feels faster

I would enjoy a 95-99 m3 too tho, fun cars, I can beat the piss outta one and it just fits my driving style so well, I can be aggressive with the car, but it will put me in line if I go too hard on it, I can really feel when I'm pushing too hard, and when its time to dial in back alittle before i wreck lol

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Uncommunicative, unresponsive, uncomfortable and underwhelming - just some apt descriptions of the NG900/9-3 chassis. Sorry guys - it sucks as a platform for decent handling even when you have eliminated torque steer and roll with substantial mods.Obviously a good driver can make it go well (as they can with any car) but because it simply does not communicate it's not going to make you a good driver as you won't learn anything. The c900 was miles ahead in this respect even if it's flexible shell limited it's ultimate ability.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
He is right, but w/e im used to driving a jeep which was the first car i drove when i started.... talk about unresponsive. But i dont agree with uncomfortable, for the way it can go through corners the saab has a pretty good compromise. Yes, i probably learned a lot from driving from my 92 dakota with manual steering and 112hp, but i learned more from the saab about how to drive fast. As for not learning in the saab i dont feel that is entirely correct, with the saab i learned left foot braking and it is very predictable in the corners. It does have some flaws and i admit it, but you just learn what they are and work around them. My biggest complaint in my car is the play in the gear linkage... but my friend '00 9-3 has a much tighter gear linkage, so i guess it's becasue mine has seen better days. Yet, i enjoy my car a lot, but i still want something along the lines of mr2, AE86, 914, and s2000.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Sorry I meant uncomfortable when the suspension is upgraded to tighten it up and prevent roll - in stock form they are not bad comfortwise I agree.

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
Why did you got go for another marque Shironzena, you don't seem to be very impressed with the NG atall, surely you'd you could pick up a descent Audi or BMW for not much more than what you paid for the NG? What about olvo if you want to stay Swedish?

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
I had to give one a go out of curiosity and this one just came up with all the mods for the right price so I went for it. Coming from a c900 it's a big let down as a driving experience so I guess I've been spoilt - if I came from other cars I may not be so dissapointed. I know I go on a bit about the handling but it's not bad in other areas - it feels solid, it's practical (well not as practical as the old c900 but lets not go there) it's well made, it's fast, it's quite economical and has nice extras like airbags , IC, leather etc. For the price I paid it's good value. If I had bought it without the mods and then spent what the previous owner had I would not be too happy at all. Sorry to say but I won't be buying another.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
now you've made me curious as to what my life would have been like if i bought the 800 dollar c900s a couple years back

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
mfyoung said:
if you ever get the chance to drive a classic 911 you'll understand that feeling, theres nothing like a porsche, no matter how much i love saabs, they will never have what a porsche can give you
I love my 911 auto-x car.

Attachments

21 - 40 of 47 Posts