SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right... I am getting annoyed! :evil:

I now have roughly 265 - 270 bhp and 255 - 260 lb torque. :)

I know Scoobies have 4wd, but an Impreza with the same power and same torque really shouldnt be over a full second quicker on a 0-60 should it? :confused:

I have him from about 40+ but that initial burst he gets away from me so bloody quickly and it's pissing me off... :x

HELP!! :cry:

(Considered vandalism, but he is a mate!!) :nono;

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Scoobies have the extended rev range and grip to make this kind of stuff all their own. I wouldn't risk my gearbox even to even attempt this kind of race:nono;

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Off the line the Scoobie will toast you every time; because 4 wheels pushing forward evenly will always beat 2 trying to pull the whole car.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Damn it, I thought that's the response I woudl get..... :(

I was hoping for some miricle cure... liek an eBay 4wd kit for $99.95 :lol:

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
Look on the bright side, at least your Aero is'nt as common as a Vauxhall Nova on a sink-hole estate:lol: The scooby needs that little bit extra low down to help counteract the vast weight of Elizabeth Duke jewellery warn by the driver:cheesy:

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Shirozina said:
And you don't have to fill up every 250 miles - and that's if you are easy with the right foot!
That is trus... my mate is forever in pertol stations... me once ever 350 ish miles!!

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Shirozina said:
They will beat you round corners and through twisty bits as well - sorry to rub it in.
HE wont... the car may have the potential to, but with HIM driving his Scooy wont..... not in 1 piece anyway!!! :lol:

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirozina
They will beat you round corners and through twisty bits as well - sorry to rub it in.

HE wont... the car may have the potential to, but with HIM driving his Scooy wont..... not in 1 piece anyway!!! :lol:
Maybe you need to sort your 8v turbo out, one of the c900 boys had a scooby do a 180 behind him whilst trying to keep up on some twisty B roads:D

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
I can believe that with a well driven c900 - don't get me started on the NG900/9-3 chassis and suspension:evil:

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Shirozina said:
I can believe that with a well driven c900 - don't get me started on the NG900/9-3 chassis and suspension:evil:
The c900 doesnt have enough straightline power for me. It's at about 195 (ish) with my Aero at 270 (ish)!

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
I'd happily make that power trade for the kind of handling, driver feedback and involvment a c900 can give. Mines got 10 less hp than yours (wasn't yours 262bhp a few weeks back:cheesy: ) but it's probably 50 more than the chassis is really up to sensibly handling.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Never mind mate. Get overtaking on a fast A roads between 40 and the limit and that'll sort the men from the boys. My little silver motor has suprised several Scoobs on the open road.

From the lights? Arrange a distraction Dick Dastardly style :cheesy:

Twisty B roads? Let his tyres down :cheesy:

He.he.he.he.he.he.....:nono;

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Shirozina said:
I'd happily make that power trade for the kind of handling, driver feedback and involvment a c900 can give. Mines got 10 less hp than yours (wasn't yours 262bhp a few weeks back:cheesy: ) but it's probably 50 more than the chassis is really up to sensibly handling.
It was 262 at the last Dyno... but since then Abbott replaced the faulty cat and I have added red injectors and done a full service.

It feels better and pulls slightly harder, hence my guesstimate! :)

1 - 20 of 47 Posts