SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
Just got a 0-2 9-3 Aero Coupe, when i test drove the car there was a slight vibration problem through the entire car that started around 30 and got steadily worse as the car gained speed, it turned out to be a balance issue with one of the two new tyres that had been recently fitted. The seller rotated two of the wheels which cured the problem but now there is loud road noise between 30 and 50, the speed at which i do most of my driving.The tyres are all p6000 two of which are new and two which are part worn. I have read that these tyres are particularly loud when new and louder when worn ,so here is my solution. Put the two new P6000 on the rear and buy new tyres for the front but which ones?

Has anyone had the same problems with the 215-45-17 low profile tyres fitted to their rims and if so what tyres did you fit in their place and did it cure the noise issue ?

Please help as this problem is taking the shine off owning my new car.

Many thanks,
Kenny.

·
Registered
30 Posts
new tires

If it was a P6000 characteristic, I would suggest pulling all 4 off, putting the 2 new ones up for auction and getting a new/different set of tires, but do your research first. I just put a set of Falken 512's ZR on my 9-5 Aero, sound and ride are incredible, compared to the new BF Goodrich summer tires that came with the car.

Just adding different tires to the front makes the tread patterns different, ideally you need a complete set for optimum performance and ride. Keep safety in mind to.

Spend a few $$'s now, save frustration later. Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts