SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I've looking at replacing the springs in the near future of my 85 aero. I don't wish to lower it, as the roads in my country are simply not good enough to allow the ride quality to be acceptable. however, I can't seem to find any AERO springs on any parts website. PFS have turbo springs, but i was of the understanding the the standard AERO springs were slightly lower and more rigid then the turbos.

is my information correct? does anyone know where original AERO springs can be sourced?

Cheers,
Steve

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Might want to inquire who made the springs originally. By now there is a program with all the manufacturing data on it so they could do a "run of one" for you economically (both you and them). However, I might consider trying www.carpartsconnexion.com and see if someone has a set. They are centered around the British Isles, but a P/N or manufacturers name may be available.

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
If you don't want to lower it why change the springs, the aero springs rarely sag and unless yours are I wouldn't worry about replacing them. Unecessary $.

You can buy the exact spec springs from www.eeuroparts.com they are expensive and it's a US site so shipping would also be expensive. Not sure of who would supply in Aus but I would check kingsprings etc they do all sorts of custom stuff. But again big $ and what's the point? you'd be wiser to spend it on new shocks.

crwchf01 a British source isn't much use for someone in Aus, shipping would cost a fortune.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
If you don't want to lower it why change the springs, the aero springs rarely sag and unless yours are I wouldn't worry about replacing them. Unecessary $.

You can buy the exact spec springs from www.eeuroparts.com they are expensive and it's a US site so shipping would also be expensive. Not sure of who would supply in Aus but I would check kingsprings etc they do all sorts of custom stuff. But again big $ and what's the point? you'd be wiser to spend it on new shocks.

crwchf01 a British source isn't much use for someone in Aus, shipping would cost a fortune.
Understand that, from the buy it side-but knowing the proper part number and just maybe the original manufacturer and THEIR P/N , if available, of the part will make the search down under easier- a closed dealership or small shop may actually have one, or it might be up for auction on fleabay under the manfacturer's p/n. Many of the NOS (New, Old Stock) parts I picked up were this way, including a brand new set of springs for one of my cars (haven't researched P/N, but hey got something to do during downtime).

On the buy it side, got any friends who are crew or flight attendants on Quantas? Or RAAF going to England for training/tempoary duty? I realize I am in the flying business and those may not be viable options for you. Or got any friends going to school who might bring a set back on a visit? List possibilities.

·
Registered
18,382 Posts
Hi Guys,

I've looking at replacing the springs in the near future of my 85 aero. I don't wish to lower it, as the roads in my country are simply not good enough to allow the ride quality to be acceptable. however, I can't seem to find any AERO springs on any parts website. PFS have turbo springs, but i was of the understanding the the standard AERO springs were slightly lower and more rigid then the turbos.

is my information correct? does anyone know where original AERO springs can be sourced?

Cheers,
Steve
There are a whole bunch of different springs that were supplied, check the paint marking on the springs!

In the US market the Aero had standard turbo springs until '87 or so, but previously the "Aero" spring was sold as the "Roadholding Package" available on turbo as well.

If the roads are not good... you might want to go for the standard turbo spring (which is highly likely to be what you have already). But... check the paint mark colour on the springs to try and identify what you have.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts