SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 2 front skirts on my 91 Aero are loose... that
is the one between the front wheel, and the front bumper...

Is it easy or difficult to clip this back on, or is it a front bumper off job?

Thanks as always...

;ol;

·
Registered
441 Posts
Usually a screw at the front section underneath which fits into the grill part of the front bumper and there is a screw into the wheel arch plastic and another set which is part of a triangular plastic/rubber section, once all of these are off you can slide the part forwards? I believe and it will slip off the rail. Mine is a bit wobbly but it's cos the front pin is duff, will maybe get around to it, hopefully the pic will explain better than my rambling!

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that... Had a go this afternoon!
It's a horrible job, as the rail refuses point blank
to slot back into the one mounted on the body...

Why did I start this!!!!:x

·
Registered
7,088 Posts
me and tony are stripping a LPT with tupperware, down next week, so can take some photo's of removal etc if you need them, if it will help, but normally they just slot and slide into place.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
'Tupperware'... I like that!

I've taken the skirt off, but why do they
have a screw into a rubber block???

I've also managed to get the screw fairly
secure back in there, but it's getting the
damn thing to slide back on to the rail...
AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHH....:evil:

·
Registered
441 Posts
Mine isn't super secure on the right side, this is because the front pin on the panel itself broke in the past (part 7) and the previous owner has bodged it, may go back to in the future to do it properly, it's not all screwed up yet anyway.
I've found by looking at it from above so you can see where to slot it in is best, may have to gently wriggle it whilst at the same time making sure it slots into the bumper too can try the patience.
Alwyne is dead right though, slot it on before even thinking of doing anything else!

The rubber block bit is confusing me though, the bottom hole of this triangle screws into the cladding with a jack nut or nut and bolt and the top 2 holes screw straight into the inside of front wheel arch

1 - 7 of 7 Posts